Arte Description and History
Typically, the activation of this spell causes icicles to rise from the ground, surrounding the enemy so quickly that the enemy is unable to escape from its effects before the ice shatters to pieces. In the PlayStation 2 remake of Tales of Destiny, this spell appears with a different animation, summoning three large shards of ice to shoot at the enemy from above, striking into the ground at different angles. This spell generally appears in games where there is no Ice element, defaulting this spell to the intermediate rank of Water-elemental magic. Tales of Symphonia is the only game where this spell exists as an Ice-elemental spell, serving the role of the most basic spell of that element.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Swordian Atwight, Evilstar, Healer, Blue Slime (Icicle)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Rutee Katrea
- Tales of Symphonia (GCN) - Genis Sage, Evil Sorcerer, Sorcerer (Icicle)
- Tales of Symphonia (PS2 / PS3) - Shadow Pronyma (Icicle)
- Tales of Innocence - Illia Animi
- Tales of the Tempest - Rubia Natwick
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Mage class, Bishop class, Rutee Katrea, Genis Sage (Icicle)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Mage class, Rutee Katrea, Genis Sage, Rubia Natwick, Illia Animi
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Mage class, Rutee Katrea, Genis Sage, Rubia Natwick, Illia Animi
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Rubia Natwick
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Localized Description: "Showers the enemy with a rain of icicles."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Ice (novice): raise icicles beneath the target."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Magic: Call forth great shards of ice from beneath an enemy."
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.