Arte Description and History
The user's weapon becomes a spear of light, with which they attack the target using several rising thrusts. Light Spear Blast is identical to the effect of Stahn Aileron's version of Light Spear in the PlayStation release of Tales of Destiny. The arte was invented to preserve the effect of Light Spear from the original game, while providing an opening for the creation of a new effect for Light Spear itself that more closely resembles the more widely recognized spiral jump attack that has existed since Tales of Eternia.
The Japanese kanji name for Light Spear Blast (閃光裂破 Senkoureppa?) has only a single character of difference when compared to the kanji name that is used for the original Light Spear (閃空裂破 Senkuureppa?). This shows the connection of the two artes throughout the history of the series, while making it clear that they are considered to be separate and different artes within the games themselves, in both appearance and execution.
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Hearts - Kor Meteor
- Tales of Hearts R - Kor Meteor (Light Spear Blast)
- Tales of Berseria - Lancelot, Cluster Fang (Light Spear Blast)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Stahn Aileron (Light Spear Blast)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Stahn Aileron, Kor Meteor
- Tales of VS. - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Link - Kor Meteor (Light Spear Blast)
- Tales of the Rays - Stahn Aileron (Light Spear Blast)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Arcane: Rapid thrusts become a beam of light that runs an enemy through."
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS2) Technique FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2008-04-08.