Arte Description and History
The spell involves three electrically charged spheres connected by a lightning-infused triangle appearing around the target, proceeded by a massive bolt of lightning raining down on the enemy, hitting multiple times. This spell has the ability to hold the enemy in place, facilitating prolonged party onslaught.
This is one of the few artes that fail to follow a consistent localized name within the same game. In Tales of Symphonia, Origin says "Volt Arrow" while activating this spell, while the arte banner still says "Thunder Arrow". In Tales of Legendia, all enemies that have access to this spell use the name "Volt Arrow", which appears on the arte banner, ignoring the use of "Thunder Arrow" when it is activated by playable characters. Despite the differences in naming, all variations are considered to be the same attack since they are named and voiced in the same way in the Japanese versions of the games. In Tales of the Rays, this arte is Light-elemental.
- Tales of Symphonia - Genis Sage, Yggdrasill, Origin, Maxwell, Mithos, Abyssion (Thunder Arrow)
- Tales of Legendia - Norma Beatty (Thunder Arrow), Cashel, Tempest Gaet (Volt Arrow)
- Tales of Link - Yggdrasill (Thunder Arrow / Volt Arrow)
- Tales of the Rays - Genis Sage, Mithos Yggdrasill
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Symphonia
Japanese Description: 対象となる敵の周囲に雷球を作り出し攻撃する 火と雷の集中系複合魔術
Romanized Description: Taishou to naru teki no shuui ni raikyuu wo tsukuridashi kougeki-suru hi to kaminari no shuuchuu-kei fukugou majutsu
Localized Description: "Lightning/Fire (advanced): create 3 balls of lightning around the target."
User: Genis Sage
Japanese Description: ビリビリだよ！ ヴォルトアロー！
Romanized Description: Biribiri dayo! Vorutoaroo!
Localized Quote: "Wanna charge? Thunder Arrow!"
Japanese Description: ヴォルトアロー！
Romanized Description: Vorutoaroo!
Localized Quote: "Volt Arrow!"
Japanese Description: ほっ、ほっほっほっ…… 小童めが！
Romanized Description: Ho, hohhohho... Kowappa-me ga!
Tales of Legendia
Localized Description: "Mid: Bolts of lightning course through the enemies."
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Legendia (PS2) Eres Guide by AncientNova GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.