Arte Description and History
When used, a circle appears under the target, creating a large burst of air that crushes all enemies within its range with immense pressure. In Tales of Destiny 2, it can extend into Ceiling Fall. The spell is similar in style to Dreaded Wave, but not as powerful, dealing less hits than its counterpart from the other games. The arte later appears in Tales of Xillia and can be used by Rowen Ilbert. Through his "Arte Tuning" special ability, the player can manipulate the amount of hits by pressing the "Arte" button to add more hits and increase the damage dealt. Upon activation and a change in animation similar to that of Rita Mordio's Ruinous Drive, a transparent cylinder appears and towers over the enemies as waves of pressure are forcefully added to down them, causing stones to appear at the base that gradually increase in size.
In Tales of Zestiria the X, Edna uses what appears to be Air Pressure, albeit not naming it, to trap the Drake in Marlind in a pillar of earth circles so that it will not fly away from Sorey's close-combat attacks while he is armatized with Lailah. In Tales of Link, Edna can also use a variation called Air Pressure/Gain (エアプレッシャー/ゲイン Eapuresshaa/Gein?) that has a health-stealing component.
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Leon Magnus, Ilene
- Tales of Destiny 2 - Reala, Judas, Dantalion, Barbatos, Forneus, Glasya-Labolas
- Tales of Graces - Malik Caesar (Air Pressure)
- Tales of Xillia - Rowen J. Ilbert, Nachtigal (Air Pressure)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Rowen J. Ilbert, Muzét, Nachtigal (Air Pressure)
- Tales of Zestiria - Edna (Air Pressure)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Magic Knight class, Leon Magnus (Air Pressure)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Magic Knight class, Reala
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Magic Knight class, Reala, Judas
- Tales of VS. - Leon Magnus, Barbatos Goetia
- Tales of Link - Reala, Rowen J. Ilbert, Muzét, Edna (Air Pressure)
- Tales of the Rays - Edna (Air Pressure), Reala, Rowen J. Ilbert, Muzét
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Earth. Magic: Create massive gravity to crush the enemy and the very earth itself."
Tales of Graces ƒ
Normal Casting Duration:
Japanese Quote: 陵、其は崩壊の序曲を刻みし者。重圧！エアプレッシャー！
Romanized Quote: Misasagi, sono wa houkai no jokyoku o kizami mono, juuatsu! Eapuressha!
Translated Quote: "O emperor's tomb, may thou dost carve the overture of heavy pressure upon mine enemies! Air Pressure!"
Localized Quote: "Cairn of kings, carve thine epitaph of destruction upon mine foes! Air Pressure!"
Shortened Casting Duration:
Japanese Quote: 後悔は済んだか、出でよ瓦解の陣！
Romanized Quote: Koukai wa sunda ka, de de yo gakai no jin!
Translated Quote: "Are you regretful? Come forth circle of collapse!"
Localized Quote: "Settled your affairs?"
Tales of Xillia
Localized Description: "Pressure that crushes even the earth below. Press O at the right time to add a finishing pressure attack."
Japanese Quote: 空破鉄槌！エアプレッシャー！
Romanized Quote: Kuuha tettsui! Eapuresshaa!
Translated Quote: "O sky rending iron hammer! Air Pressure!"
Tales of Zestiria
Localized Description: "Creates a gravitational field to crush enemies. Higher seraphic arte of Rock Lance."
Japanese Quote: 万有傅く膝元に！エアプレッシャー！
Romanized Quote: Banyuu kashizuku hizamoto ni! Eapuresshaa!
Localized Quote: "Time you learn some humility! Air Pressure!"
If the enemy's level is lower than Edna's:
Japanese Quote: 図が高い～！ 土下座土下座～！
Romanized Quote: Zu ga takai~! Dogeza Dogeza~!
Localized Quote: "Think you're tough? Down on your knees!"
- ↑ Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology: Character/Class FAQ by Lynkiko GameFAQS (2007) Retrieved on 2012-10-24.