Arte Description and History
In Tales of the Abyss, the user conjures an ornamented blue circle on their target, which will briefly change into a water bubble surrounding it. It is a Water-elemental FOF Change from Barrier, which augments and makes permanent its physical defense-increasing effect.
In Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2, the user summons a small water sphere, which hovers around its caster. When the water sphere hits an enemy, it damages the target and then disperses. If Jude activates his version from Coil, it will summon three spheres at once instead. Of Milla Maxwell's spirit-shifted artes related to the four elements under Maxwell's control, this is the only one that the two do not share, though Maxwell has an arte called Aqua Sphere (アクアボール Akuabooru?, "Aqua Ball") with a similar effect.
- Tales of the Abyss - Natalia L.K. Lanvaldear, Arietta, Mint Adnade (Aqua Protection)
- Tales of Xillia - Milla Maxwell, Jude Mathis, Golden Mage Knight - Creator (Aqua Protection)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Milla/Milla Maxwell, Jude Mathis (Aqua Protection)
- Tales of Link - Milla Maxwell (Aqua Protection); Skill: Natalia L.K. Lanvaldear (Aqua Protection)
- Tales of Asteria - Natalia L.K. Lanvaldear, Milla Maxwell, Golden Mage Knight - Creator
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the Abyss
Japanese Description: 対象となる味方一人の物理防御力を 戦闘不能になるまで永続的に上昇させる譜術。
Japanese Quote: 水氣よ、盾となれ、アクアプロテクション！
Localized Quote: "O vapors, become our shield. Aqua Protection!"