Azure Edge (蒼破刃 Souhajin?, "Green/Blue Destruction Blade") is a projectile strike arte in the Tales series that usually serves as the basic-ranged technique for a sword user without access to the Demon Fang arte.
- 1 Arte Description and History
- 2 Appearances
- 3 Fan-Translated Names
- 4 In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
- 5 References
Arte Description and History
Azure Edge originally appears as an arte available to Kyle Dunamis that replaces the traditional Demon Fang. It is similar to Demon Fang in that it can be used from long range, though it travels through the air rather than along the ground. It can be extended into Azure Storm with the "Tsuika Tokugi" (追加特技?, "Additional Base Arte") skill enchant equipped. In Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, Azure Edge is green in the original Japanese version of the game, but it was recolored to blue in the North American release and has remained blue in the subsequent appearances; this difference can be traced to the complexity of the blue–green distinction in the Japanese language.
In Tales of Vesperia, Azure Edge appears as the starting base arte for Yuri Lowell. Yuri slashes his weapon through air, which sends a blue blast through the air at the enemy, dealing Wind-elemental damage. It can also become faster and travel slightly farther with more use. Azure Edge is also the original arte of two altered artes in the game, Azure Storm and Azure Blast. In Tales of Hearts, Azure Edge is a combination arte performed by Kor Meteor using Kuuretsusen and Hisui Hearts using Stream Arrow.
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Stahn Aileron
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Dios costume, Dios
- Tales of Destiny 2 - Kyle Dunamis
- Tales of Vesperia - Yuri Lowell (Azure Edge)
- Tales of Hearts - Combination Arte: Kor Meteor + Hisui Hearts
- Tales of Hearts R - Chalcedony Akerman (Azure Edge)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Ludger Will Kresnik, Julius, Victor (Azure Edge)
- Tales of Zestiria - Dark Turtlez (Azure Edge)
- Tales of Berseria - Dark Turtlez (Azure Edge)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Kyle Dunamis
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Thief class, Stahn Aileron (Azure Edge)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Thief class, Kyle Dunamis, Yuri Lowell
- Tales of VS. - Kyle Dunamis, Yuri Lowell
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Thief class, Kyle Dunamis, Yuri Lowell
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Yuri Lowell
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Julius Will Kresnik, Yuri Lowell
- Tales of Link - Yuri Lowell (Azure Edge), Julius Will Kresnik
- Tales of Asteria - Kyle Dunamis, Yuri Lowell, Claw, Ludger Will Kresnik, Julius Will Kresnik, Victor
- Tales of the Rays - Kyle Dunamis, Yuri Lowell (Azure Edge)
- Project X Zone - Yuri Lowell (Azure Edge)
- Project X Zone 2 - Yuri Lowell (Azure Edge)
- Granblue Fantasy - Yuri Lowell, Nibanboshi weapon
- Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space - Yuri Lowell (Azure Edge)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut
Japanese Description: 疾風の衝撃波を放つ術剣技。敵の弾幕を貫いて攻撃できる。
Translated Description (Life Bottle Productions): "Pummel foes by spawning waves of distortion. It can penetrate a foe's guard."
Tales of Destiny 2
Japanese Description: 斬撃と､生じる真空波による飛び道具を放つ特技。
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Base: Blue steel slices the air, creating a vacuum that crushes the enemy."
Tales of Vesperia
Japanese Description: 疾風の衝撃波を放つ特技。離れた敵を攻撃できる
Localized Description: "Base Arte: Unleash the force of the wind. Able to attack far away enemies."
Alternate Japanese Quote: 蒼破！
Alternate Localized Quote: "Azure!"
Tales of Hearts R
Japanese Description: 剣を振るって衝撃弾を放つ技
Tales of Xillia 2
Japanese Description: 風圧を剣に纏い、短距離を薙ぐ武身技。剣も当てると2ヒット。
Localized Description: "Send blades of air to attack at a distance. The sword slash can also count as a hit."
Tales of the Rays
Japanese Description: 素早い斬撃により生み出した真空波を敵にぶつける
Localized Description: "A fast strike that pummels foes by spawning waves of distortion."