Binding Sphere (ネガティブホルダー Negatibuhorudaa?, "Negative Holder") is a martial arte associated with Milla Maxwell and Muzét from Tales of Xillia. Its Japanese name, "Negative Holder", indicates that it is a lower tier variant of Negative Gate, which manifests as a more potent sphere of dark energy.
Arte Description and History
The user circles their hands in front of them as dark swirls gather before them and create a purple-black sphere, which emanates swirls of darkness that strike nearby enemies. In Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2, Maxwell uses it during his Earth-elemental phase, and its element changes to match. His version summons four orbs around him that fall gently to the ground. The orbs are almost visually similar, except the outer rim is colored a brownish-orange to reflect the Earth element. In Tales of Berseria, this arte is Earth- and Wind-elemental and has a chance to reduce the target's "Focus".
- Tales of Innocence R - Milla
- Tales of Xillia - Milla Maxwell, Muzét, Maxwell (Binding Sphere)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Milla/Milla Maxwell, Muzét, Maxwell (Binding Sphere)
- Tales of Berseria - Milla Maxwell (Binding Sphere)
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Milla Maxwell
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Milla Maxwell
- Tales of Link - Muzét (Binding Sphere)
- Tales of Asteria - Milla Maxwell, Muzét
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Xillia
Localized Description: "A sphere of deep, all-consuming darkness that sucks foes toward itself."
Tales of Xillia 2
Localized Description: "Spheres of darkness descend and draw enemies in."