Cerberus Strike (三散華 Sazanka?, "Three Scattering Flower" / "Three Scattering Lusters"), known alternatively as Triple Blossom and Triple Kick, is a kick and fist strike arte normally used by martial artists in the Tales series.
- 1 Arte Description and History
- 2 Appearances
- 3 Fan-Translated Names
- 4 In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
- 5 References
Arte Description and History
This arte involves the character attacking an enemy three times in succession. It originally began as a kicking maneuver, but Yuri Lowell uses his fist rather than his feet for the attack, and then it evolved into a weapon-based move in Tales of Xillia with Leia Rolando, though Jude Mathis uses an unarmed version consisting of both punches and kicks.
In Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Regal uses this arte together with White Wolf if he participates in a Unison Attack. In Tales of Vesperia, Yuri can change this arte into the altered arte Cerberus Blast, while with the "Alembic" skill is equipped. The PlayStation 3 version of the game allows Yuri to add in more hits when rapidly hitting the attack button, if he has an axe weapon equipped.
Cerberus is a dog in Greek mythology popularly depicted as having three heads, fitting the fact that this arte is comprised of three strikes.
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Monk costume
- Tales of Eternia - Farah Oersted (Triple Blossom)
- Tales of Symphonia - Regal Bryant (Triple Kick)
- Tales of Eternia Online - Fighter class
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Regal Bryant (Triple Kick)
- Tales of Vesperia - Yuri Lowell (Cerberus Strike)
- Tales of Hearts R - Kohaku Hearts (Triple Blossom)
- Tales of Xillia - Jude Mathis, Leia Rolando, Golden Mage Knight - Scholar (Cerberus Strike)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Jude Mathis, Leia Rolando (Cerberus Strike)
- Tales of Berseria - Jude (Cerberus Strike)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Farah Oersted, Regal Bryant
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Monk class, Farah Oersted
- Tales of VS. - Farah Oersted, Yuri Lowell
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Monk class, Farah Oersted, Yuri Lowell
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Yuri Lowell
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Yuri Lowell
- Tales of Link - Jude Mathis (Triple Blossom), Farah, Kohaku (Cerberus Strike); Cutscene: Leia Rolando (Triple Blossom)
- Tales of Asteria - Jude Mathis
- Tales of the Rays - Farah Oersted, Yuri Lowell, Jude Mathis (Cerberus Strike)
- Tales of Crestoria - Farah Oersted (Triple Kick)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Japanese Description: リーチの長い三連続回し蹴りを行う。地上技
Localized Description: "Attack the enemy with three consecutive kicks."
Tales of Symphonia
Japanese Description: 気を込めた三連続回し蹴りを行う地上技
Localized Description: "Lv. 2 Sp. Attack: 3 consecutive roundhouse kicks."
Tales of Vesperia
Japanese Description: 3連続で拳を突き出す特技。高速の拳で敵を撃破する
Localized Description: "Base: Quickly punch the enemy three times."
Alternate Japanese Quote: 食らえ！
Alternate Localized Quote: "Take this!"
Alternate Japanese Quote: 邪魔だ！
Alternate Localized Quote: "Outta my way!"
Talesof Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Japanese Description: 気を込めた三連続回し蹴りを行う特技
Alternate Japanese Quote: 甘い！
Tales of Xillia
User: Jude Mathis
Japanese Description: 拳と蹴りの3連続で攻撃する高速の武身技。最後の蹴りで敵をやや浮かせる。
Localized Description: "A three-part flurry of punches and kicks that ends with knocking a foe into the air."
User: Leia Rolando
Japanese Description: 巧みな棍術で3連続して攻撃する、高速の武身技。
Localized Description: "A quick martial arte that uses clever staff play to strike three times in rapid succession."
Tales of Hearts R
Japanese Description: バトンとキックの連続攻撃を行う技
Localized Description: "A quick combination of kicks and baton attacks."
Tales of Berseria
Localized Quote: "Take this!"
Tales of the Rays
Japanese Description: 蹴りによる三連打
Localized Description: "A three-hit combo of kicks."
Tales of Crestoria
Japanese Quote: 行くよ！三散華！
- Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- YouTube subtitles
- Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.