Cerberus Strike (三散華 Sazanka?, "Three Scattering Flower" / "Three Scattering Lusters"), known alternatively as Triple Blossom and Triple Kick, is a kick and fist attack normally used by martial artists in the Tales series.
Arte Description and History
This arte involves the character attacking an enemy three times in succession. It originally began as a kicking maneuver, but Yuri Lowell uses his fists rather than his feet for the attack, and then it evolved into a weapon-based move in Tales of Xillia with Leia Rolando, though Jude Mathis uses an unarmed version consisting of both punches and kicks.
In Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Regal uses this arte together with White Wolf if he participates in a Unison Attack. In Tales of Vesperia, Yuri can change this arte into the altered arte Cerberus Blast, while with the "Alembic" skill is equipped. The PlayStation 3 version of the game allows Yuri to add in more hits when rapidly hitting the attack button, if he has an axe weapon equipped.
Cerberus is a dog in Greek mythology popularly depicted as having three heads, fitting the fact that this arte is comprised of three strikes.
- Tales of Eternia - Farah Oersted (Triple Blossom)
- Tales of Symphonia - Regal Bryant (Triple Kick)
- Tales of Vesperia - Yuri Lowell (Cerberus Strike)
- Tales of Hearts R - Kohaku Hearts (Triple Blossom)
- Tales of Xillia - Jude Mathis, Leia Rolando, Golden Mage Knight - Scholar (Cerberus Strike)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Jude Mathis, Leia Rolando (Cerberus Strike)
- Tales of Berseria - Jude Mathis (Cerberus Strike)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Monk costume
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Farah Oersted, Regal Bryant
- Tales of Eternia Online - Fighter class
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Monk class, Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Monk class, Farah Oersted, Yuri Lowell
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Regal Bryant (Triple Kick)
- Tales of VS. - Farah Oersted, Yuri Lowell
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Yuri Lowell
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Yuri Lowell
- Tales of Link - Jude Mathis (Triple Blossom), Farah, Kohaku (Cerberus Strike); Cutscene: Leia Rolando (Triple Blossom)
- Tales of the Rays - Farah Oersted, Yuri Lowell, Jude Mathis (Cerberus Strike)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "Attack the enemy with three consecutive kicks."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Lv. 2 Sp. Attack: 3 consecutive roundhouse kicks."
Tales of Vesperia
Localized Description: "Base: Quickly punch the enemy three times."
Tales of Hearts R
Localized Description: "A quick combination of kicks and baton attacks."
Tales of Xillia
User: Jude Mathis
Localized Description: "A three-part flurry of punches and kicks that ends with knocking a foe into the air."
User: Leia Rolando
Localized Description: "A quick martial arte that uses clever staff play to strike three times in rapid succession."
Tales of the Rays
Localized Description: "A three-hit combo of kicks."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Vesperia (X360) FAQ/Walkthrough by drachemeister GameFAQs (2008) Retrieved on 2009-06-20.