Arte Description and History
When the spell is activated, a spike of darkness rises into the air from beneath the target and shoots downward in an array of multiple spikes. This spell first appeared in Tales of Eternia as the first Dark-elemental spell that can be obtained after defeating Shadow, the Greater Craymel of Darkness and the Governing Craymel of Celestia, and then fringing his Craymel Cage.
In Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2, Dark Force appears as the desperation attack that Thanatos uses after he has lost enough of his health. When he uses this iteration of the attack, he summons a beam of Dark-elemental energy that shoots forward to affect the entire battlefield in front of him, similar in style to Dhaos Laser. In Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3, Thanatos himself cannot use this attack while he fights the party, but his costume, which is available to Julio Sven, allows Julio to use the attack while it is equipped. In Julio's version, however, it passes through foes instantly, with its damage already accumulated.
- Tales of Eternia - Meredy, Keele Zeibel, Shadow, Nereid (Dark Force)
- Tales of Legendia - Norma Beatty, Dark Norma, Dark Vaclav (Dark Force)
- Tales of Eternia Online - Arcane Craymel Mage class
- Tales of the Tempest - Arria Ekberg
- Tales of Innocence - Ricardo Soldato
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Thanatos
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Thanatos costume
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Ricardo Soldato
- Tales of Link - Meredy
- Tales of Asteria - Meredy
- Tales of the Rays - Meredy, Shizel, Arria Ekberg
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Japanese Quote: 無駄だ！
Localized Quote: "No use!"
Tales of the Rays
Japanese Description: 闇の力の収束により衝撃を発生させる術
Japanese Quote: 闇と共に眠れ！ダークフォース！
Japanese Quote: シャドウよ！はああああ！