Dragon Shot (臥龍空破 Garyoukuuha?, "Reclining Dragon Sky Destruction" or "Lying Dragon Air Crush"), originally localized as Rising Dragon Strike, is a hand-to-hand strike arte usually used by Farah Oersted, Jude Mathis, and the Fighter class.
Arte Description and History
The user performs a simple uppercut, causing both the user and the target to become airborne. In Tales of Eternia, Rising Dragon Strike is needed to activate the Serpent Knuckle team skill. In Tales of Arise, Law uniquely uses his leg as opposed to hand to perform this arte. In Tales of the Rays, Jude's version is a Wind-elemental mirrage arte, while Sync, Law, and Mirrist Regal's is a regular arte.
- Tales of Eternia - Farah Oersted (Rising Dragon Strike)
- Tales of the Abyss - Sync (Dragon Shot)
- Tales of Eternia Online - Fighter class
- Tales of Xillia - Jude Mathis, Golden Mage Knight - Scholar (Dragon Shot)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Jude Mathis (Dragon Shot)
- Tales of Arise - Law, Zephyr (Dragon Shot)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Fighter class (Dragon Shot)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Monk class, Farah Oersted
- Tales of VS. - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Monk class, Farah Oersted
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Farah Oersted
- Tales of Link - Sync, Kudo (Dragon Shot)
- Tales of Asteria - Farah Oersted, Sync, Jude Mathis, Law, Golden Mage Knight - Scholar
- Tales of the Rays - Jude Mathis (Dragon Shot), Sync, Law, Mirrist Regal
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Japanese Description: 左右の拳で敵を打ち上げる気合の拳。対空技
Localized Description: "The enemy is blasted into the air with a powerful eruption."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Master: A powerful rising strike that launches the enemy into the air."
Tales of Xillia
Japanese Description: 敵の攻撃をいなしつつ身をかがめた後、強力な拳撃で 敵を浮かす武身技。龍の如き攻撃で敵を地に臥せる。
Localized Description: "Counter the enemy by dodging their attacks and launching them upward with a powerful punch."
Tales of the Rays
User: Jude Mathis
Japanese Description: 二つの拳で敵を天高く打ち上げる魔鏡技
Localized Description: "[Mirrage Arte] Use both fists to bash foes high into the sky."
Japanese Description: 螺旋を描きながら拳を突き上げる
Japanese Description: 上昇しながら敵を蹴り上げる術技強化で空中でも連携可
Japanese Quote (midair): そこだ！
Tales of Arise
Localized Description: "A rising attack that kicks the enemy into the air."
- Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- YouTube subtitles
- Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology: Character/Class FAQ by Lynkiko GameFAQS (2007) Retrieved on 2012-10-31.