Eagle's Rage (鷹爪落瀑蹴 Yousou Rakubakushuu?, "Hawk Claw Drop Waterfall Kick"), also localized as Eagle Rage and Eagle Assault, is an aerial strike arte, most commonly associated with Farah Oersted from Tales of Eternia and the Monk class from the Radiant Mythology series of games.
Arte Description and History
When the arte is used, the user jumps into the air and kicks away two small discs of water downward at the enemy. Then, the user launches themself into the ground at an angle, surrounded by an aura of a falling meteor, to strike the enemy while setting the character up to continue the combo with a ground-based arte. In Tales of Eternia, the initial jump can be canceled if Farah is already in the air when she activates it, or if she links to it from any anti-air attack.
This attack should not be confused with the Eagle Rage that is used exclusively by Regal Bryant from Tales of Symphonia. Both attacks derive themselves from Eagle Dive, but they are named rather differently in the Japanese versions, and they hold distinctly separate effects.
- Tales of Eternia - Farah Oersted (Eagle Rage)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Leia Rolando (Eagle's Rage)
- Tales of Arise - Law (Eagle Assault)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Monk class, Farah Oersted
- Tales of VS. - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Monk class, Farah Oersted
- Tales of Link - Farah Oersted (Eagle Rage), Leia Rolando (Eagle's Rage)
- Tales of Asteria - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the Rays - Farah Oersted (Eagle's Rage)
- Tales of Crestoria - Farah Oersted (Eagle Rage)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "Rise far above and dive into the enemy with a destructive force."
Tales of the Rays
Japanese Description: 空中から回転蹴りによる気功波を放ち蹴り下ろしによる急襲
Localized Description: "A midair spin kick that releases waves of energy, followed by a dive attack."
Tales of Arise
Localized Description: "Fires two chi blasts and follows up with a dive-kick."
- Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.