- This article is about the arte "Elemental Master". For the unrelated arte with a similar name in localized media, see Elemental Mastery.
Arte Description and History
In its original appearance, Max fires four spheres of Fire, Wind, Water, and Earth energy while being pushed to the edge of the screen due to the recoil of his cannon. A pillar of earth appears below his feet, lifting him into the air as he charges his weapon. With a maniacal laugh, he releases a massive beam of light that deals a large amount of damage to all enemies on the battlefield. The arte appears again in Tales of Innocence, used by Ricardo Soldato after obtaining the "Element Barrel" weapon. While he fires six spheres of the same elemental energy, his version of the attack does not continue beyond that point. He cannot use this arte unless the "Element Barrel" is equipped.
In Tales of Vesperia, Elemental Master is an altered arte for Raven, accessible by using his Dark Chase arte while his "Ricardo Soldato" cameo costume title is equipped. After mastering Elemental Master, he can use it as a separate arte that does not require the costume title to be equipped. In this incarnation of the attack, Raven fires six spheres of energy, one for each element. In Tales of VS., this arte is used through the "Mega Launcher" tool, a reference to Max. This attack bears no relation to Elemental Mastery, despite the latter arte's nearly identical localized name. In Tales of the Rays, this arte is a non-elemental mirrage arte.
- Tales of Eternia - Max (Elemental Master)
- Tales of Innocence - Ricardo Soldato
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) + Definitive Edition - Raven (Elemental Master)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Max
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Max
- Tales of VS. - Mega Launcher tool
- Tales of Asteria - Max
- Tales of the Rays - Max
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Localized Description: "A skill that combines the energy of all the Craymels to emit a powerful force."
Japanese Quote: エレメンタルマスター！ふーはっはっはっはっ！
Localized Quote: "Elemental! Mahahahah!"
Tales of Innocence
Japanese Quote: 輪廻に堕ちよ！エレメンタルマスター！
Tales of Vesperia
Japanese Description: 凄腕のヒットマンが使用した連続飛び道具 称号によるスキル変化技
Localized Description: "A title skill for consecutive projectile weapons. Originally used by a real shrewd hitman."
Tales of the Rays
Japanese Description: 火、風、水、地の爆発後、レーザーを放つ魔鏡技。敵に短時間気絶を付与
Japanese Quote: 魔鏡技！食らいやがれぃ！ぐわはははっ！エレメンタルマスター！
- Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.