- 1 Arte Description and History
- 2 Appearances
- 3 In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
- 4 References
Arte Description and History
When this arte is used, the user slashes diagonally downward and sweeps around in a wide arc along the ground, then reverses the strike to finish with a powerful vertical uppercut that lifts the target as the user jumps. However, it is difficult to link this arte to any others since the enemy usually lands before the user, giving it time to recover and counterattack.
Although this arte is typical of the Warrior skillset, Leon Magnus obtains this skill in the remake versions of Tales of Destiny, in which it can be used both as a standalone arte and an extension to Kogahazan by using it twice immediately. In Tales of the Abyss, this skill can be used within a complete Wind or Light FOF Circle to convert it into Lightning Tiger Blade. In in the PlayStation 3 and Definitive Edition versions of Tales of Vesperia, as he recycles the fight animations of a generic imperial Knight Fencer enemy, Leblanc does not jump, but is able to chain it to another arte.
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Leon Magnus
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Swordsman costume, Silver Swordsman costume, Golden Swordsman costume
- Tales of the Abyss - Luke fon Fabre, Asch (Fang Blade)
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) + Definitive Edition - Leblanc (Fang Blade)
- Tales of Hearts R - Chalcedony Akerman (Fang Blade)
- Tales of Zestiria - Rose (Fang Blade)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Warrior class, Leon Magnus, Luke fon Fabre (Fang Blade)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Leon Magnus, Luke fon Fabre, Asch
- Tales of VS. - Leon Magnus, Luke fon Fabre, Asch
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Leon Magnus, Luke fon Fabre, Asch
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Luke fon Fabre
- Tales of Link - Leon Magnus, Luke fon Fabre (Fang Blade); Cutscene: Asch (Fang Blade)
- Tales of Asteria - Leon Magnus, Dio, Luke fon Fabre, Asch, Rose
- Tales of the Rays - Luke fon Fabre (Fang Blade)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut
Japanese Description: 斬り下ろし、斬り上げと流れるように繋ぐ剣技。
Tales of the Abyss
Japanese Description: 斬り下ろしから斬り上げへと繋げる 二段斬りを行う特技。
Localized Description: "Slash the enemy down, then up into the air."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Base: Slash the enemy down, then up into the air."
Tales of Hearts R
Japanese Description: 斬りつけと斬り上げの 連続攻撃を行う技
Alternate Japanese Quote:はッ！ くらえッ！
Tales of Zestiria
Japanese Description: 敵を斬りつけ、返しの刃で高く斬り上げる奥義。他の空中連携可能技に連携が可能。
Localized Description: "A hidden arte that slashes an enemy, then follows up with a rising blade. Can combo with other aerial combo moves."
Tales of the Rays
Japanese Description: 斬り下ろしから切り上げへの連携
Localized Description: "An attack that chains a downward slash into an upward strike."
- Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-04-08.
- Tales of the Abyss (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough by vinheim GameFAQs (2009) Retrieved on 2009-08-22.