Arte Description and History
When this skill is used, the user slashes diagonally downward and sweeps around in a wide arc along the ground, then reverses the strike to finish with a powerful vertical uppercut that lifts the target as the user jumps. However, it is difficult to link this skill to any others since the enemy usually lands before the user, giving it time to recover and counterattack.
Although this skill is typical of the Warrior skillset, Leon Magnus obtains this skill in the remake versions of Tales of Destiny, in which it can be used both as a standalone skill and an extension to Kogahazan by using it twice immediately. In Tales of the Abyss, this skill can be used within a complete Wind or Light FOF Circle to convert it into Lightning Tiger Blade.
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Leon Magnus
- Tales of the Abyss - Luke fon Fabre, Asch (Fang Blade)
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) + Definitive Edition - Leblanc (Fang Blade)
- Tales of Hearts R - Chalcedony Akerman (Fang Blade)
- Tales of Zestiria - Rose (Fang Blade)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Kenshi costume, Shirogane Kenshi costume, Ougon Kenshi costume
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Warrior class, Luke fon Fabre, Leon Magnus (Fang Blade)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Luke fon Fabre, Asch, Leon Magnus
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Luke fon Fabre, Asch, Leon Magnus
- Tales of VS. - Luke fon Fabre, Asch, Leon Magnus
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Luke fon Fabre
- Tales of Link - Leon Magnus, Luke fon Fabre (Fang Blade); Cutscene: Asch (Fang Blade)
- Tales of the Rays - Luke fon Fabre (Fang Blade)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the Abyss
Localized Description: "Slash the enemy down, then up into the air."
Tales of Zestiria
Localized Description: "A hidden arte that slashes an enemy, then follows up with a rising blade. Can combo with other aerial combo moves."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Base: Slash the enemy down, then up into the air."
Tales of the Rays
Localized Description: "An attack that chains a downward slash into an upward strike."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-04-08.
- ↑ Tales of the Abyss (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough by vinheim GameFAQs (2009) Retrieved on 2009-08-22.