Fierce Demon Fang (剛・魔神剣 Gou Majinken?, "Strong Demon God Sword"), Fierced Demon Fang (剛魔神剣 Goumajinken?, "Strong Demon God Sword"), and Dense Demon Dog (剛魔神犬 Goumajinken?, "Strong Demon God Dog") are upgraded versions of Demon Fang in the Tales series.
Arte Description and History
In the original Tales of Destiny, Mary Argent launches a stronger version of Power Missile, localized as Fierce Missile, with an added chance to cause a dizzy effect to the target. In the remake versions, Mary slams her axe to the ground, causing three pillars of light to erupt in front of her.
In Tales of Symphonia, the user slams their weapon to the ground, creating a shock wave that damages enemies in a wide arc in front of them. It is from the "Strike" branch, its "Technical" counterpart being Double Demon Fang. Additionally, if a character has used the arte over 200 times, that character can add an Earth-elemental property to this attack through the use of the "Ruby" accessory, the Tethe Seal: Earth arte, an Earth-elemental weapon or the "Yellow Quartz" item, to replace the arte with the more powerful Earth-based Grave Blade.
This arte returns with a slightly different name in Tales of Vesperia, where the Japanese name lacks the interpunct (・), changing it from Gou Majinken (剛・魔神剣?) to Goumajinken (剛魔神剣?). The change is reflected in the slight alteration of the localized name from "Fierce Demon Fang" to "Fierced Demon Fang".
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Mary Argent (Fierce Missile)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Mary Argent
- Tales of Symphonia - Lloyd Irving, Kratos Aurion, Zelos Wilder (Fierce Demon Fang)
- Tales of Innocence - Ruca Milda
- Tales of Xillia - Alvin, Golden Mage Knight - Mercenary (Fierce Demon Fang)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Alvin (Fierce Demon Fang)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Warrior costume, Kitty Warrior costume, Beast Warrior costume, Ranseur costume, Penetrator costume, Senki costume
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Mary Argent
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Mary Argent, Kratos Aurion
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Magic Knight class, Kratos Aurion (Fierce Demon Fang)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Swordsman class, Magic Knight class, Kratos Aurion, Ruca Milda
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Swordsman class, Magic Knight class, Kratos Aurion, Ruca Milda
- Tales of VS. - Kratos Aurion, Ruca Milda
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny
Localized Description: "A more powerful version of Missile Sword. Causes the enemy to lose consciousness."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Lv. 2 Sp. Attack: create a large shockwave."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Master: Unleash a large shockwave."
- ↑ Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-03-03.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS2) Technique FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Skills FAQ by Chuc GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.
- ↑ Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.