Arte Description and History
In its original form, Flare Bomb appears as a spell that shoots a jet of flame. If that flame hits the enemy, it will explode like a bomb, dealing further damage. This effect is used in Tales of Hearts and Tales of Graces ƒ, where the user shoots a beam of red energy that damages the enemy on impact. A burst of fire follows this, further damaging the enemy.
As a strike arte in Tales of Innocence R, Ricardo Soldato throws a couple of bombs, which explode in the air. In Tales of Xillia, and Tales of Xillia 2, the basic form involves the user creating a small fire sphere in their palm, which explodes and damages nearby enemies. Jude Mathis can alter his Palm Strike and Reaper's Toll artes into a ball of flame, each with the appropriate conditions. Milla Maxwell has access to three versions of increasing severity based on her own special ability, the first two of which are as described, though the intermediate-level version is larger. Her advanced version summons a small horde of bombs, which all explode after a moment's delay. Both the Golden Mage Knight - Creator and Maxwell use versions similar to this one.
- Tales of Innocence R - Ricardo Soldato
- Tales of Hearts - Kohaku Hearts, Peridot, Creed, Lithia Cattleya
- Tales of Graces ƒ - Amber (Flare Bomb)
- Tales of Xillia - Milla Maxwell, Jude Mathis, Agria, Maxwell, Golden Mage Knight - Creator (Flare Bomb)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Milla/Milla Maxwell, Jude Mathis, Agria, Maxwell (Flare Bomb)
- Tales of VS. - Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Milla Maxwell
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Milla Maxwell
- Tales of Asteria - Creed Graphite
- Tales of the Rays - Milla Maxwell