Arte History and Description
The user spins around with the edge of their sword on the ground, creating a circle around them. Then, the user thrusts their sword into the ground, and icicles arise in a circle, attacking the enemy. The attack has the possibility of healing the user, much like the Guardian Field arte it is derived from. In Tales of the Abyss, this arte exists as an FOF Change of Guardian Field, used in a fully-charged Water or Dark FOF Circle. Van Grants can use it as an arcane arte of his own volition or as an FOF Change.
- Tales of the Abyss - Luke fon Fabre, Asch, Van (Guardian Frost)
- Tales of Vesperia - Alexei (Guardian Frost)
- Tales of Hearts - Combination Arte: Kor Meteor + Ines Lorenzen
- Tales of Xillia - Linked Arte: Alvin + Rowen J. Ilbert (Guardian Frost)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Linked Arte: Alvin + Rowen J. Ilbert (Guardian Frost)
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Seikishi costume, Chain Blader costume
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Van Grants
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the Abyss
Localized Description: "Arte: Freezing energy emanating from your sword damages the enemy."
Tales of Xillia
Localized Description: "Guardian Field is instilled with ice energy, causing numerous ice spears to stab up through the ground."