Mirrage artes are powerful abilities granted by mirrages, used at the expense of the Mirrage Gauge (MG). Using a mirrage arte increases the Mirrage Ratio (ミラージュレシオ Miraajureshio?) for the remainder of a quest, which in turn increases the strength of subsequent mirrage artes. Like mystic artes from previous titles, mirrage artes are primarily used as powerful attacks, but they can also be supportive. Every damage-focused mirrage arte can be enhanced to recover a portion of user's maximum HP, adding to the overall usefulness. Mirrage artes can also be chained to each other; attempting to activate one will put it in a queue to be used immediately after the current mirrage arte finishes. Chained mirrage artes are capable of continuing a combo. Enemies are also capable of performing mirrage artes, but they are unable to KO with them, leaving their targets with a minimum of 1 HP.
Currently, there are five types of mirrage artes:
- Reward Mirrage Artes (報酬魔鏡技 Houshuu Makyougi?, "Reward Magic Mirror Artes"): Obtained by completing scenarios and thus essentially free, they have a low amount of power and come with all upgrades already unlocked.
- Normal Mirrage Artes (通常魔鏡技 Tsujou Makyougi?, "Normal Magic Mirror Artes"): They are the standard mirrage artes.
- Seasonal Mirrage Artes (季節魔鏡技 Kisetsu Makyougi?, "Seasonal Magic Mirror Artes"): Similar to the summons mirrage artes but carrying a seasonal motif, they often come with a myriad of effects and varying Mirrage Gauge costs.
- Collab Mirrage Artes (コラボ魔鏡技 Korabo Makyougi?, "Collab Magic Mirror Artes"): A subset of seasonal mirrage artes associated with collaboration events wherein a member of the Tales franchise takes on the power of another franchise to either influence the resulting attack or outright borrow a technique.
- Battle Mirrage Artes (決戦魔鏡技 Kessen Makyougi?, "Decisive Battle Magic Mirror Artes"): More powerful than the standard summons mirrage artes, they have their maximum potential unlocked when they are maxed. Most of these mirrage artes contain references to late-game or otherwise important events from the mirrage's game of origin.
- Overray Mirrage Artes (オーバーレイ魔鏡技 Oobaarei Makyougi?, "Overray Magic Mirror Artes"): Even more powerful than the standard mirrage arte, they allow the user to gain additional effects after a use, which differ depending on the anima, but require a large of expense of Mirrage Gauge. They feature a power from the game of origin that the standard character does not have access to, such as Sorey's armatus in Suijinshourai or Yuri Lowell's Over Limit and Fatal Strike in Tenroumetsuga Souen.
There is also a special kind of mirrage arte known as Spirit Gear Mirrage Artes (霊装魔鏡技 Reisou Makyougi?) that can be performed by expending Fairy Gauge (FG), although filling the gauge requires to perform more specific actions during battle then charging the Mirrage Gauge. They are said to be powers borrowed from spirits, like Ix Nieves/Aska and Mileena Weiss/Shadow.