|Game||Tales of Vesperia|
|Height||4'4" / 132 cm|
|Japanese Voice Actor||Chiwa Saitou|
|English Voice Actor||Sandy Fox|
|Character Designer||Kousuke Fujishima|
Patty Fleur (パティ・フルール Pati Furuuru?) is a new protagonist introduced in the PlayStation 3 port of Tales of Vesperia. She is capable of using guns and is even equally skilled at wielding a knife. She is a young pirate girl looking for the lost treasures of the legendary pirate Aifread. Another of her goals is to recover her memories.
Appearance and Personality
Patty has light skin, blue eyes, and blond hair braided into two ponytails tied with purple ribbons. Her attire is reminiscent of a ship's captain, consisting of a pirate's hat, a matching coat, and boots. She also wears a pair of binoculars around her neck. Patty is a young girl with no memories of her past, and seeks to recover them by finding the legendary treasure, the Maris Stella.
At first she has a very childish personality, making jokes and irritating characters, but after she finds out about her past and her long lost friend, Seifer, she gains a more serious attitude. She has a crush on Yuri Lowell, and has great admiration for Flynn Scifo. She loves cooking, and even has a few exclusive sidequests related to it.
Patty's gameplay revolves around fighting stances, referred as "Forms", which affects how her normal attacks and Artes operate, as well increasing her physical or magical power depending on which form she is using. This makes Patty the character with highest number of variety in attacks in the entire game. Most of her passive skills are focused on improving the performance of her forms; she also has two skills that reflect her feelings for Yuri and respect for Flynn, increasing her performance in battle when they are in the party.
Patty's mystic arte is called Summon Friends, where she can summons characters and monsters to help the party during battle, like Mieu, who can breathe fire, and Quickie, who recovers TP and OVL. Many of her techniques and spells are based on chance, though certain skills and actions can lower risk of negative or unwanted effects.
- In the original Xbox 360 version of Tales of Vesperia, a pirate hat in the lighthouse keeper's house in Capua Torim hints of Patty's existence with "Pa..." written on it.
- In the Playstation 3 and Definitive Edition versions, the player can find more about Patty backstory after completing her arc and visiting the lighthouse.
- If Karol Capel uses the costume for Keroro, the main protagonist of the Sgt. Frog series, Patty's quotes at the end of battle changes randomly to match the speaking style of Natsumi Hinata, the lead female protagonist of the same series. Both Natsumi and Patty share the same voice actress in the original Japanese dubbed version of the series.
- In the Playstation 3 and Definitive Editions, Patty serves as a replacement for Tokunaga as the pilot of the Fiertia ship.
- In Tales of Berseria, the store run by Van Aifread's pirates is called the "Chat & Patty Student Store".
- Had a blast voicing Patty the Pirate for the new #TalesOfVesperia Video Game... Twitter (2019-03-19) Retrieved on 2019-04-21.