Arte Description and History
Originally, Photon appears as a shining glyph on the enemy, which then explodes to deal Light-elemental damage. In some games, it takes the form of streaks of light clustering together and then exploding multiple times.
In Tales of Symphonia, Raine Sage learns this spell as her first damaging attack, and it eventually branches off to allow her to learn her higher-leveled attack spells, Ray, a "Technical"-branch arte, and Holy Lance, its "Strike"-based counterpart. It is the basis for many Compound Special Attacks involving Raine, such as Photon Tempest and Photon Blast. In the sequel, Raine uses this arte to save Emil Castagnier when he is being attacked by the "Gerichtslinde". Jade Curtiss can use this spell in Tales of the Abyss by using Energy Blast within a fully-charged Wind or Light FOF Circle.
- Tales of Symphonia - Raine Sage, Remiel, Luna, Yggdrasill, Iubaris (Photon)
- Tales of the Abyss - Jade Curtiss (Photon)
- Tales of Innocence - Ange Serena
- Tales of Innocence R - Ange Serena, Kongwai Tao, Flower Pattern, Last Soul
- Tales of Vesperia (X360) - Estelle, Knight Bishop, Quadra (Photon)
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) + Definitive Edition - Estelle, Knight Bishop, Quadra (Photon); Risky Cast: Patty Fleur (Photon)
- Tales of Hearts - Kohaku Hearts, Pyrox, Lithia Cattleya
- Tales of Hearts R - Kohaku Hearts, Chalcedony Akerman (Photon)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Raine Sage
- Tales of Eternia Online - Divine Craymel Mage class
- Tales of the Tempest - Rubia Natwick
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Priest class, Raine Sage (Photon)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Raine Sage, Rubia Natwick, Estelle
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Priest class, Raine Sage, Rubia Natwick, Marta Lualdi, Estelle, Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Marta Lualdi, Raine Sage, Micasa, Lailah, Moirae, Liberator, monster ally Unison Attack (Photon)
- Tales of VS. - Jade Curtiss, Kohaku Hearts
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Marta Lualdi
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Estelle, Kohaku Hearts, Marta Lualdi, Rubia Natwick
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Estelle, Kohaku Hearts, Rubia Natwick
- Tales of Link - Raine Sage, Estelle, Remi (Photon), Marta Lualdi
- Tales of the Rays - Mileena Weiss, Raine Sage, Marta Lualdi (Photon), Sara
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): Photon
- Tales of Innocence (Absolute Zero): Photon
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Light (mid): attack a target with converging blasts of light."
Localized Quote: "Light! Photon!"
Tales of the Abyss
Japanese Quote: 煌きよ意を示せ、フォトン！
Romanized Quote: Kirameki yo, i o shimese. Foton!
Localized Quote: "O brilliance, show your wrath... Photon!"
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Magic: Attack one enemy with focused light."
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Localized Description: "Light (mid): Attack the enemy with converging blasts of light."
User: Marta Lualdi
Localized Quote: "O Brilliance, reveal your destruction... Photon!"
User: Raine Sage
Localized Quote: "Light! Photon!"
Tales of Vesperia
Localized Quote: "O power that tries souls, shine... Photon!"
Tales of the Rays
Localized Description: "An arte that damages foes with a small explosion of light."
- ↑ Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by DarthMarth GameFAQs (2005) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.
- ↑ Dawn of the New World (GC) FAQ ToS: Dawn of the New World by Iuniorn IGN (2009) Retrieved on 2009-11-16.