- 1 Arte Description and History
- 2 Appearances
- 3 Fan-Translated Names
- 4 In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
- 5 References
Arte Description and History
This arte was introduced as a spell, which requires a short casting period before summoning toy hammers to drop onto all the targets. In some games, it instead drops a massive toy hammer to strike the target. If the hammers hit the enemies, they will be stunned for a short period, without failure. However, the hammers may miss its target somewhat easily, especially if the target begins moving to a different position by the time the hammers appear. In later games, the arte became a master arte that can be used as a melee attack. This form of the arte summons toy hammers that can deal damage while maintaining a small chance to stun the enemy.
In Tales of Symphonia, Colette Brunel throws four hammers at the enemy, though the chance to cause "Stun" is minimal. After the arte has been used at least 200 times, Toss Hammers that can inflict the "Poison" status will be randomly included in the hammers thrown, and if Colette is dealing Ice-elemental damage, Ice Hammers as well. Repeating use of this arte will eventually lead Colette to learning Hammer Rain. If Colette uses this arte in a Unison Attack with the master arte versions of Tiger Blade, Light Spear, or Devastation, the artes will form the Compound Special Attacks Pow Blade, Pow Spear, and Pow Devastation, respectively. If used with the spells Thunder Blade or Spark Wave, it will become Mjollnir.
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) - Mint Adenade, Cleric, Cardinal
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX / iOS) + Full Voice Edition + Cross Edition - Mint Adenade (Pow Pow Hammer)
- Tales of Phantasia (GBA) + Mobile - Mint Adenade (Pow Pow Hammer)
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Swordian Chaltier (Strong Hammer)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Leon Magnus, Philia Felice
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon - Couleur, Bishop
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Nurse costume, Mint Adenade
- Tales of Symphonia - Colette Brunel (Pow Pow Hammer)
- Tales of Innocence - Ange Serena, Hermana Larmo
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Colette Brunel (Pow Pow Hammer)
- Tales of Hearts - Beryl Benito
- Tales of Hearts R - Beryl Benito (Pow Pow Hammer)
- Tales of Graces ƒ - Poisson
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Mint (Pow Pow Hammer)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Priest class, Leon Magnus, Ganser (Pow Pow Hammer); Axe Weapon
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Mint Adenade, Philia Felice, Colette Brunel
- Tales of VS. - Mint Adenade, Leon Magnus, Philia Felice, Colette Brunel
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Mint Adenade, Philia Felice, Colette Brunel
- Tales of Link - Mint Adenade, Colette Brunel, Beryl Benito (Pow Pow Hammer)
- Tales of Asteria - Mint Adenade, Colette Brunel, Pierre de Chaltier
- Tales of the Rays - Mint Adenade; Weapon: Sougo Okita
- Tales of Phantasia (SFC) (DeJap Translations): Hammer Head
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX) (Absolute Zero): ?
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Phantasia (SFC)
Japanese Description: 法術の一つ。敵とその周りの敵を気絶させる
Romanized Description: Houjutsu no hitotsu. Teki tozo no mawari no teki no kizetsu saseru.
Translated Description (DeJap Translations): "Stuns the enemies."
Tales of Symphonia
Localized Description: "Lv. 2 Sp. Attack: throw multiple hammers at the enemy."
Tales of Hearts R
Localized Description: "An arte for adepts that drops a whole heap of daze-inducing hammers on the target."
Tales of Graces ƒ
Localized Quote: "Here it is! Pow Pow!"
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Magic: Throw numerous hammers."
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Localized Description: "Arcane: Throw multiple hammers at the enemy."
Tales of the Rays
- Tales of Phantasia (SNES) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 2/2 by JPuga GameFAQs (2001-07-15) Retrieved on 2009-07-01.
- Tales of Symphonia (GC) Technique FAQ by Darth Marth GameFAQ - Retrieved on 28-03-2009