Arte Description and History
When Raging Blast is activated, the user reaches forward at the target and gathers explosive energy in their palm, causing any nearby enemies to be blasted away and knocked to the ground. Although this attack does not have a wide blast radius, it is useful to clear away small groups of enemies.
In Tales of the Abyss, this arte can be used within a complete Water or Dark FOF Circle to transform it into Frigid Blast. Alternatively, in the PlayStation 3 port of Tales of Vesperia, Yuri Lowell can change this arte into the altered arte Shredding Palm while the "Dispersion" skill is equipped. In Japanese, the version used by the Gentlereplica is written with hiragana and is used because the Gentlereplica is a parody of Luke fon Fabre.
Despite the pronunciation of this arte's name in Japan, this attack is unrelated to Rending Wave, used by Veigue Lungberg from Tales of Rebirth and the Great Swordman and Paladin classes from Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 and sharing the same Japanese pronunciation. This older arte is written in the Japanese language with a different set of characters, resulting in a different meaning, (裂破衝 Reppashou?, "Split Break Rush"), and the function of this arte is also unrelated.
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Fighter costume
- Tales of the Abyss - Luke fon Fabre, Asch, Van (Raging Blast)
- Tales of Vesperia - Yuri Lowell, Gentlereplica (Raging Blast)
- Tales of Xillia - Jude Mathis (Raging Blast)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Jude Mathis (Raging Blast)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Warrior class, Luke fon Fabre (Raging Blast)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Luke fon Fabre, Asch
- Tales of VS. - Luke fon Fabre, Asch
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Luke fon Fabre, Asch, Van Grants
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Luke fon Fabre
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Luke fon Fabre
- Tales of Link - Luke fon Fabre, Asch, Van Grants (Raging Blast)
- Tales of Asteria - Luke fon Fabre, Asch, Van Grants, Jude Mathis
- Tales of the Rays - Luke fon Fabre (Raging Blast), Van Grants
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the Abyss
Japanese Description: 掌底を叩き込み、気を爆発させ敵を吹き飛ばす特技。
Localized Description: "Unleash a burst of power from within that downs the enemy."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Base: Unleash a burst of power from within that downs the enemy."
Tales of Vesperia
Japanese Description: 掌底から気を爆発させ敵を吹き飛ばす奥義。初段がヒットした場合のみ、爆発させる
Localized Description: "Arcane Arte: Unleash a burst of power from within that downs the enemy. First level only explodes on contact."
User: Yuri Lowell
Alternate Japanese Quote: ふっ！落ちろ！
Alternate: Localized Quote: "Ha. Die!"
Tales of Xillia
Japanese Description: 敵を突き上げる手刀から気を爆発させ、敵を吹き飛ばす 武身技。初段の突きがヒットした場合のみ爆発させる。
Localized Description: "If the first hit connects, this explosive palm strike will knock any enemy right into next week."
Japanese Quote: 落ちろ！
Localized Quote: "Fall!"
Tales of the Rays
Japanese Description: 掌底を叩き込み、闘気を爆発させる
Localized Description: "A palm-strike smackdown that causes an explosion of fighting spirit."
- Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006) Retrieved on 2008-04-10.
- Tales of Rebirth (PS2) Battle Mechanics/Sub Events FAQ by lanyn GameFAQs (2008) Retrieved on 2008-04-20.
- Tales of the Abyss (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough by vinheim GameFAQs (2009) Retrieved on 2009-08-22.