Arte Description and History
When the arte is used, the user pushes forward with their palm to strike the enemy, then blasts them with a powerful force, pushing it away. In Tales of Eternia, Twin Palm Strike represents Farah Oersted's first power arte, a fourth type of attack that can chained from any other attack that ends with her on the ground. It is a predecessor and requirement to the more powerful Chi, which is used as a further requirement to obtain her most powerful attacks.
Sync obtains this arte in Tales of the Abyss, used only during battles against the party. This game introduces the current localized name for the arte, Reaper's Toll. In Tales of Graces, this is also an arte available for Sophie, labeled as a charged arte, meaning it has to be charged up before its actual execution. In Tales of the Rays, Sync and Sophie's version is non-elemental, while Ion's is Fire-elemental.
- Tales of Eternia - Farah Oersted (Twin Palm Strike)
- Tales of the Abyss - Sync (Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of Eternia Online - Fighter class
- Tales of Graces - Sophie (Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of Xillia - Jude Mathis (Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Jude Mathis (Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Farah Oersted
- Tales of VS. - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Farah Oersted, Sophie
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Farah Oersted
- Tales of the World: Tactics Union - Sophie
- Tales of the World: Reve Unitia - Sophie
- Tales of Link - Sync, Sophie, Jude Mathis (Reaper's Toll), Farah Oersted (Twin Palm Strike / Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of Asteria - Farah Oersted, Sync, Sophie
- Tales of the Rays - Sophie (Reaper's Toll), Ion, Sync
- Tales of Crestoria - Sync (Reaper's Toll)
- Tales of Eternia: The Animation - Farah Oersted (Soudou Shotei-ha / Soudou Shoutei-ha), Maronne Buruqano (Soudou Shoutei-ha)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Eternia
Japanese Description: 両掌底から高まった気を叩き込む。強打技
Localized Description: "Chi is gathered in the fists and thrust into the enemy with deadly force."
Tales of Graces
Japanese Description (Wii): Ａ技中Aボタンで溜めを行い、離すと発動する Ｌｖ１の吹き飛ばし技
Japanese Description (PS3): Ａ技中ボタンで溜めを行い、離すと発動する Ｌｖ１の吹き飛ばし技
Localized Description: "A Lv.1 charged arte. Hold during an A-Arte to charge; release to use."
Japanese Quote: 掌底破！
Localized Quote: "Take this!"
Tales of the Rays
Japanese Description: 掌底を連続で繰り出し、敵を吹き飛ばす
Localized Description: "Send foes flying after a series of palm attacks."
- 掌底で爆発を発生させ敵を吹き飛ばす 連続入力で｢翔波｣を発動する
Japanese Description: 掌底を連続で繰り出し敵を吹き飛ばす
Tales of Crestoria
Japanese Quote: 喰らいな！双撞掌底破！
- Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- YouTube subtitles
- Tales of Destiny II (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough Part 1/2 by Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.