Space-time Attacks (時空剣技 Jikuukengi?, "Spacetime Sword Skills") are artes signature to Cress Albane from Tales of Phantasia. He learns each of the base artes as he obtains the "Three Weapons" associated with the Eternal Sword: Odin's Fire Sword Flamberge from the Tower of Flames, Fenrir's Ice Sword Vorpal Blade from the Cave of Ice, and Thor's Diamond Ring. The sword's ability to affect space-time is referenced in these artes. Cress can then build off of those base artes to combine them in powerful ways. The arcane artes associated with the space-time attacks are known as Space-time Secret Skills (時空奥義 Jikuu Ougi?).
- Distortion Blade: Extends his weapon with space-time and slashes up and down with a dome of energy.
- Chaos Blade: Surrounds himself with spiraling energy before launching it forward as a wave.
- Eternal Slasher: Creates a field of distorted power, then teleports to a target to perform a melee combo before teleporting back.
- Chaos Distortion Blade: Starts with Distortion Blade's slashes before finishing with Chaos Blade's wave of energy.
- Chaos Lunge: Teleports forward as in Eternal Slasher but unleashes a wave of energy as in Chaos Blade before teleporting back.
- Eternal Blade: Combines all three space-time attacks into one, starting with Chaos Blade's wave of energy before rising with Eternal Slasher's teleportation field and then finishing with Distortion Blade's falling slash.
- Soukuu Shouhaken: Transforms his sword into the Eternal Sword using Origin's power and then teleports into the sky to slam into his target while covered in energy before cutting through them.
- In physics, spacetime is any mathematical model that fuses the three dimensions of space and the one dimension of time into a single four-dimensional continuum. Spacetime diagrams are useful in visualizing and understanding relativistic effects such as how different observers perceive where and when events occur. This concept, when applied to Cress's artes via name and execution, is then represented as him distorting with his weapon the very foundations of space and time, a nod that emphasizes their power.
- In Tales of the Rays, Mithos Yggdrasill has access to many of these artes as well, as he also wields the Eternal Sword.