Arte Description and History
This arte, in its first appearance in Tales of the Abyss, raises the user's critical hit rate for a short period of time, with an additional recovery effect if the arte is equipped with the Fon Slot Chamber item "Grass Chamber". When used within a fully-charged Fire or Light FOF Circle, this arte is converted into Coil. Marta Lualdi from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World uses a version that increases her dexterity, while the version used by Jude Mathis from Tales of Xillia increases his attack power and is capable of inflicting damage to enemies in contact with him. In Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2, Jude can alter Steel into Coil if he has the "Second Artes" skill equipped and the button is held while Steel is used. The Super Star Trio in Tales of Zestiria draws its moveset from Jude, and Steel is one of the artes all members share.
- Tales of the Abyss - Luke fon Fabre, Asch (Steel)
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Marta Lualdi (Steel)
- Tales of Xillia - Jude Mathis (Steel)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Jude Mathis (Steel)
- Tales of Zestiria - Super Star R, Super Star G, Super Star Y (Steel)
- Tales of Arise - Law (Steel)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Marta Lualdi
- Tales of Asteria - Marta Lualdi, Jude Mathis, Law
- Tales of Crestoria - Luke fon Fabre (Steel)
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the Abyss
Japanese Description: 気を集中させクリティカルダメージを 出しやすくする特技。
Localized Description: "Concentrate and temporarily raise your chances of making a critical hit."
Tales of Xillia
Japanese Description: 内なる闘気を燃やし、少しの間、攻撃力を上昇させる 武身技。衝撃波でダウンした敵を起こすことができる。
Localized Description: "A rush of battle lust that boosts P. ATK temporarily. Its shock wave can juggle fallen foes."
Japanese Quote: 銀河爆発！
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Japanese Description: 己の精神を研ぎ澄まし力を呼び覚ます特技。使う事でステータスがアップする
Localized Description: "Sharpens spirit and calls forward power. Increases own stats."
Tales of Crestoria
Japanese Quote: 力よ集え！鋭招来！
Tales of Arise
Localized Description: "An arte that temporarily raises own Attack and Elemental Attack by 30% for a set period."
- Tales Series Translation FAQ by KusanagiLord02 GameFAQs (2006-11-05) Retrieved on 2008-07-24.
- Tales of the Abyss (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough by vinheim GameFAQs (2009) Retrieved on 2009-08-22.