Arte Description and History
Stop Flow, like the name suggests, stops the flow of time for a short while. In the original Tales of Destiny and localized as Stasis, it is a strike arte used by Philia Felice. It does not have casting time, but on some occasionally, Philia is unable to act for the duration of the effect. It becomes a spell in the PlayStation 2 remake of Tales of Destiny and is then made an altered arte spell for Raven in Tales of Vesperia. In the PlayStation 3 and Definitive Edition versions of the game, Raven needs to rest every three casts. As Raven uses the arte more, the amount of casts before needing to rest increases, but the need for rest cannot be altogether eliminated. The arte then reappears in Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2 as a linked arte between Rowen Ilbert and Leia Rolando when they combine the artes Quickness and Tightening Chains, metaphorically implying the binding of time or movement. Maxwell is able to use this arte by himself.
- Tales of Destiny (PSX) - Philia Felice (Stasis)
- Tales of Destiny (PS2) + Director's Cut - Philia Felice, Kronos
- Tales of the Abyss - Philia Philis (Stop Flow)
- Tales of Vesperia (X360) - Raven, Duke, Radiant Winged One (Stop Flow)
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) + Definitive Edition - Raven, Duke, Radiant Winged One (Stop Flow); Gamble Cast: Patty Fleur (Stop Flow)
- Tales of Xillia - Maxwell (Stop Flow); Linked Arte: Rowen J. Ilbert + Leia Rolando (Stop Flow)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Maxwell (Stop Flow); Linked Arte: Rowen J. Ilbert + Leia Rolando (Stop Flow)
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 - Philia Felice
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 - Philia Felice
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 2 (Kajitani-Eizan): ?
- Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (Kajitani-Eizan): ?
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Destiny (PSX)
Japanese Description: 相手の動きを止める。アワーグラスと同様
Localized Description: "Places an enemy in temporary stasis. Functions the same as Hourglass."
User: Philia Philis
Japanese Quote: お仕置きです！えいっ、やあっ、やあっ、とうっ。懺悔なさい！
Romanized Quote: Oshiokidesu! Ei, yaa, yaa, tou. Zangenasai!
Translated Quote: "Punishment! Ei, yaa, yaa, tou. You must repent now!"
Tales of Destiny (PS2)
Japanese Description: 3秒間、敵の動きを停止させる晶術。短時間だし踊るヒマはありません。
Tales of Vesperia
Japanese Description: 全てのエアルに干渉し、停止させることで 一定時間、時を止めるスキル変化術
Localized Description: "Altered Arte: Interference with aer stops time temporarily."
Normal Spellcasting Time:
Japanese Quote: 時間よ止まれ、お代は見てのお帰り。ストップフロゥ！
Romanized Quote: Jikanyo tomare, odai wa mite no okaeri. Sutoppufurou!
Localized Quote: "Halt, O march of time. I'll pay you back later. Stop Flow!"
Shortened Spellcasting Time:
Japanese Quote: プレゼントさ！ストップフロゥ！
Localized Quote: "Here's a little present! Stop Flow!"
User: Duke (First Form)
Japanese Quote: 干渉を許さぬ時の王、七色の振り子が凌駕す
Localized Quote: "O Impartial ruler of time, thy colorful pendulum will best these enemies. Time!"
User: Duke (Second Form)
Japanese Quote: 貴様らには時すら無意味、ならば奪おう。ストップフロゥ！
Romanized Quote: Kisamara ni wa toki sura muimi, naraba ubaou. Sutoppufurou!
Translated Quote: "Even time is meaningless for you bastards. If that's the case, I will plunder it. Stop Flow!"
Localized Quote: "You have no need for time itself, so allow me to steal it away!"
Tales of Xillia
Japanese Description: 一定時間、敵対する者の動きを止める共鳴精霊術。膨大なエネルギーを扱う為、効果時間は短い。
Localized Description: "Freeze time for one's opponents. This requires a huge amount of energy, so it doesn't last long."
Japanese Quote: 始まりと終わりを知らず、時の狭間に遊べ！ストップフロウ！！
Romanized Quote: Hajimari to owari wo shirazu toki no hazama ni asobe! Sutoppufurou!
Translated Quote: "Unaware of the beginning and end, play in the intervals of time! Stop Flow!"
Tales of Xillia 2
- Tales of Destiny (PS) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty / Psycho Penguin GameFAQs (2002) Retrieved on 2009-03-07.