|This article is about unreleased content.|
The following information is related to material that is yet to be released. Because of that, some information might be inaccurate or is likely to change.
|Tales of Arise|
|Game Systems||•PlayStation 4|
•Xbox Series X/S
•Microsoft Windows (via Steam)
|Character Designers||Minoru Iwamoto|
|Japanese Releases||PS4/PS5/XB1/XBXS September 9, 2021|
Steam September 10, 2021
|North American Releases||September 10, 2021|
|European Releases||September 10, 2021|
|Opening Theme||"HIBANA" by Kankaku Piero|
|Ratings||JP CERO: C (recommended 15+)|
NA ESRB: T (Teen, recommended 13+)
EUR PEGI: 12
GER USK: 12
Tales of Arise (テイルズ オブ アライズ Teiruzu obu Araizu?) is an upcoming original Tales title. It was announced on June 9, 2019, during Microsoft's E3 2019 presentation. First information regarding the game leaked on June 7, 2019, and quickly spread over the Internet. The game was initially announced with a release window set for 2020, but on June 25, 2020, it was announced that Tales of Arise would be released after 2020, but no specific date was provided. On April 21, 2021, it was announced that the game will release on September 9, 2021. It is a first Original Title to have a simultaneous release across the world.
The inhabitants of the planet Dahna have always revered Rena, the planet in the sky, as a land of the righteous and divine. However, the stories passed down across the generations have distorted the truth for the people of Dahna. Rena has ruled over Dahna for the past 300 years, pillaging the world beneath of its resources and its people of their dignity and freedom. After Rena enslaved Dahna, it divided it with "walls" and introduced Lords as representative of Rena to keep them in check.
Astral energy (星霊力 Seireiryoku?, "Star Spirit Power") resides in all living things. However only Renans are able to use this power in the form of astral artes (星霊術 Seireijutsu?, "Star Spirit Artes") and when used the user's eyes briefly glow in blue. The blazing sword (炎の剣 Homura no Tsurugi?) is a manifestation of Shionne's astral energy.
The story begins with two people born on different worlds, each looking to change their fate and create a new future.
- Alphen (アルフェン Arufen?) - A mask-wearing man from Dahna who has lost his memories as well as his capability to feel pain. Borrowing the blazing sword from Shionne just after meeting her, he fights for his freedom from Rena.
- Shionne (シオン Shion?) - A young woman from Rena who brings the curse of thorns to whoever touches her. With an ulterior motive of her own, she allies herself with Alphen and fights against her own people.
- Rinwell (リンウェル Rinweru?) - Appearing before Alphen and Shionne before collapsing, she is on a journey to appeal to Cyclodia's resistance. Despite her Dahnan blood she is able to use astral artes that are only available to Renans.
- Hootle (フルル Fururu?) - A Dahnan baby owl that travels together with Rinwell. She is close to her heart.
- Law (ロウ Rou?) - A young Dahnan man from Calaglia who works in Renan police force known as Snake Eyes (蛇の目 Ja no Me?, "Bull's Eye"). He confronts Alphen and his group when they arrive to Cyslodia.
- Kisara (キサラ Kisara?) - A Dahnan woman believing in the coexistence between Rena and Dahna, she boasts the highest physical abilities in a squad composed of Dahnans. Serving under Dohalim, Kisara uses equipment crafted by Renans.
- Dohalim il Qaras (テュオハリム Tyoharimu?) - An eccentric man from Rena who shows friendship towards Dahna, he is well versed in all kinds of art, including music, poetry, and antiques.
- Balseph (ビエゾ Biezo?) - A Renan general who controls Dahnan slaves in Calaglia, collecting fire astral energy and driving his slaves to the bone. While on the outside he appears to care for his fellow countrymen, in truth he is an impatient man desperate to become better than other generals.
- An unnamed swordsman clad in black, wielding a katana radiating with blue energy, who overcomes Alphen and co. His eyes seem to be searching for something, and he looks at both human and monsters as if looking at worthless pebbles.
- Zephyr (ジルファ Jirufa?) - A bright and respected resistance leader of a Dahnan group called the Crimson Crows centerer in Calaglia, he works towards overthrowing Balseph. In battle he is a supporting member, fighting with his body against Dahna's oppresors and zeugles.
In the field characters can obtain a variety of items from chests, plants, and other objects of interest. By expending CP it is possible to perform various actions in the field that can yield rewards for the party. A new feature for the series is swimming, allowing characters to swim through shallow water.
The game is said to utilize updated Linear Motion Battle System with Dynamic Action features. Three ground and three aerial artes can be set. However using simultaneous button presses it is possible to set three more ground and three more aerial artes, allowing to use twelve artes at once. Traditional post-battle victory quotes happening still on the battlefield are replaced with post-battle field chats in form of gab windows.
During the progress of the story, characters acquire a variety of titles, with each title having attached five nodes. Each node can grant a new arte, skill, or a permanent parameter increase.
- テイルズ オブ アライズ』9月9日発売決定＆PS5、XSX|S版も発売 (...) Famitsu (2021-04-21) Retrieved on 2021-04-21.
- Tales of Arise - Release Date Trailer YouTube (2021-04-21) Retrieved on 2021-04-21.
- Tales of Arise - Reveal Trailer E3 2019 YouTube (2019-06-09) Retrieved on 2019-06-09.
- Bandai Namco E3 2019 announcements leaked: Tales of Arise (...) Gematsu (2019-06-07) Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- Tales of Arise Delayed, Release Date Undecided AbyssalChronicles (2020-06-25) Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- Character's Mystic Artes, Party Members, (...) Bandai Namco Entertainment (2021-06-08) Retrieved on 2021-06-09.
- TGS 2019: New Character Teased in New Tales of Arise Short Trailer, Stage Event Report Abyssal Chronicles (2019-09-15) Retrieved on 2019-09-15.
- Meet Tales of Arise's Hero and Heroine (...) AbyssalChronicles (2019-06-15) Retrieved on 2019-06-15.
- Tales of Arise Worldwide Release September 10, 2021 with Next Gen AbyssalChronicles (2021-04-21) Retrieved on 2021-04-22.
- Tales of Arise - Summer Game Fest Trailer YouTube (2021-06-21) Retrieved on 2021-06-21.
- 【キサラ】 Kisara ダナとレナの共存を信じる近衛兵 (...) Twitter (2021-06-10) Retrieved on 2021-06-10.
- 【テュオハリム】Dohalim ダナに対して友好の意を見せる、風変わりなレナ人 (...) Twitter (2021-06-10) Retrieved on 2021-06-10.
- Balseph, ruler of Calaglia. (...) Twitter (Retrieved on 2021-05-20) 2021-05-19.
- One group of Dahnans who remain hopeful in the face of their subjugation (...) Twitter (Retrieved on 2021-06-7) 2021-05-31.
- Tales of Arise - Gameplay Showcase YouTube (2021-04-22) Retrieved on 2021-06-09.
- [JP] Tales of Arise (Official Website)
- [EN] Tales of Arise (Official American Website)
- [EN] Tales of Arise (Official European Website)