|This article is about unreleased content.|
The following information is related to material that is yet to be released. Because of that, some information might be inaccurate or is likely to change.
|Tales of Arise|
|Game Systems||•PlayStation 4|
•Xbox Series X/S
•Microsoft Windows (via Steam)
|Japanese Releases||PS4/PS5/XB1/XBXS September 9, 2021|
Steam September 10, 2021
|North American Releases||September 10, 2021|
|European Releases||September 10, 2021|
Tales of Arise (テイルズ オブ アライズ Teiruzu obu Araizu?) is an upcoming original Tales title. It was announced on June 9, 2019, during Microsoft's E3 2019 presentation. First information regarding the game leaked on June 7, 2019, and quickly spread over the Internet. The game was initially announced with a release window set for 2020, but on June 25, 2020, it was announced that Tales of Arise would be released after 2020, but no specific date was provided. On April 21, 2021, it was announced that the game will release on September 9, 2021.
The inhabitants of the planet Dahna have always revered Rena, the planet in the sky, as a land of the righteous and divine. However, the stories passed down across the generations have distorted the truth for the people of Dahna. Rena has ruled over Dahna for the past 300 years, pillaging the world beneath of its resources and its people of their dignity and freedom.
Astral energy (星霊力 Seireiryoku?, "Star Spirit Power") resides in all living things. However only Renans are able to use this power in the form of astral artes (星霊術 Seireijutsu?, "Star Spirit Artes") and when used the user's eyes briefly glow in blue. The torch-flame sword (炎の剣 Homura no Tsurugi?) is a manifestation of Shionne's astral energy.
The story begins with two people born on different worlds, each looking to change their fate and create a new future.
- Alphen (アルフェン Arufen?) - A mask-wearing man from Dahna who has lost his memories as well as his capability to feel pain. Borrowing the blazing sword from Shionne just after meeting her, he fights for his freedom from Rena.
- Shionne (シオン Shion?) - A girl from Rena who brings the curse of thorns to whoever touches her. With an ulterior motive of her own, she allies herself with Alphen and fights against her own people.
- Rinwell (リンウェル Rinweru?) - Appearing before Alphen and Shionne before collapsing, she is on a journey to appeal to Cyclodia's resistance. Despite her Dahnan blood she is able to use astral artes that are only available to Renans.
- Hootle (フルル Fururu?) - A Dahnan baby owl that travels together with Rinwell. She is close to her heart.
- Lowe (ロウ Rou?, "Law") - A young Dahnan man from Calaglia who works in Renan police force known as Bull's Eye (蛇の目 Ja no Me?). He confronts Alphen and his group when they arrive to Cyslodia.
- Viezo (ビエゾ Biezo?) - A Renan general who controls Dahnan slaves in Calaglia, collecting fire elementals and driving his slaves to the bone. While on the outside he appears to care for his fellow countrymen, in truth he is an impatient man desperate to become better than other generals.
- テイルズ オブ アライズ』9月9日発売決定＆PS5、XSX|S版も発売 (...) Famitsu (2021-04-21) Retrieved on 2021-04-21.
- Tales of Arise - Release Date Trailer YouTube (2021-04-21) Retrieved on 2021-04-21.
- Tales of Arise - Reveal Trailer E3 2019 YouTube (2019-06-09) Retrieved on 2019-06-09.
- Bandai Namco E3 2019 announcements leaked: Tales of Arise (...) Gematsu (2019-06-07) Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- Tales of Arise Delayed, Release Date Undecided AbyssalChronicles (2020-06-25) Retrieved 2020-06-29.
- TGS 2019: New Character Teased in New Tales of Arise Short Trailer, Stage Event Report AbyssalChronicles (2019-09-15) Retrieved on 2019-09-15.
- Meet Tales of Arise's Hero and Heroine (...) AbyssalChronicles (2019-06-15) Retrieved on 2019-06-15.
- Tales of Arise Worldwide Release September 10, 2021 with Next Gen AbyssalChronicles (2021-04-21) Retrieved on 2021-04-22.
- [JP] Tales of Arise (Official Website)
- [EN] Tales of Arise (Official American Website)
- [EN] Tales of Arise (Official European Website)