|Tales of Crestoria|
|Game Systems|| •iOS|
|Developers||Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc.|
|Publishers||Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc.|
|Character Designers||Kosuke Fujishima, Mutsumi Inomata, Miyuki Kobayashi, Daigo Okumura|
Tales of Crestoria (テイルズ オブ クレストリア Teiruzu obu Kuresutoria?) is an upcoming mobile Tales title. It was announced on September 11, 2018, via its Japanese Twitter account. According to the reports, the theme of the game is "crime" and the story is centered around a young man who carries a great burden and also lives for someone or something that is important to him. Each of the three initially teased characters have a certain "crime" they carry as a burden. Its characteristic genre is An RPG Written in Blood and Betrayal (愛しき咎我人（なかま）と出会うRPG Itoshiki Togabito (Nakama) to Deau RPG?, "Meeting Dear Transgressors (Friends) RPG"). During the 23rd anniversary stream, December 8, 2018, it was confirmed that the game will get an English release.
In the as of yet unnamed world that Tales of Crestoria is set it, people are required to carry objects known as vision orbs (ビジョンオーブ Bijonoobu?) at their side at all times. The images recorded within vision orbs can be transmitted via vision centrals (ビジョンセントラル Bijonsentoraru?), structures located in place of importance, like plazas and churches. When a person is to be judged, the vision central shows "footage" from orbs related to the crime and according to the "prayers" sent by the citizens watching the images, the individual in question is judged innocent or guilty. In case the person related to the crime is judged guilty, they are branded with a "stain," and an enforcer (執行者 shikkousha?) is dispatched to hunt the criminal down and pass the sentence. The Stain of Guilt (罪の刻印 Tsumi no Kokuin?, "Carved Seal of Sin") is a mark that appears on body part of those acknowledged as sinners, thus becoming a "criminal" chased down by enforcers. The positioning of the mark differs depending on the sin itself. The Stain of Blood Sin (ブラッドシンの刻印 Buraddoshin no Kokuin?, "Carved Seal of Blood Sin") is an evolved form of the Stain of Blood Sin, born from the criminal's intent to carry the burden of their sin and overcoming Vicious's selection. The Blood Sin (ブラッドシン Buraddoshin?) is a weapon drawn from the Stain of Blood Sin using magic after a person accepts their sin which is then embedded into their blood.
- Kanata Hjuger (カナタ・ヒューガ Kanata Hyuuga?) - Kanata is a son of a monk whose a village leader. He is fiercely protective of the weak, and very too often blunt for his own good. He is deeply fascinated by the way vision orbs function. His crime is the protection of an important person to him.
- Misella (ミゼラ Mizera?, "Misera") - Misella is a young orphan raised in the monastery where Kanata's father is in. Despite having strength to never loose herself, she will do absolutely everything in her power if it ensures Kanata's safety. She bears hostility towards Vicious who appears to be leading Kanata toward evil ways. Her crime is an attempt to save a person important to her.
- Vicious (ヴィシャス Vishasu?) - Despised by the world, Vicious is a frightening being known as "The Great Transgressor" (咎我鬼 Toga-oni?, "Self-Sinning Demon") who lives without caring for others' opinions. During his journey in search of a certain place, he stumbles upon Kanata and Misella, who were just branded criminals, and joins them. It appears he holds some special power within him. His crime is being born into the world.
- Aegis Alver (イージス・アルヴァ Iijisu Aruva?) - An attractive knight who holds no reservations, Aegis is the young captain of the knights of the Kingdom of Medagal. His honesty, innocence, an honor of doing the right thing makes him a bit hard-headed. As someone who completely believes in vision orbs, he stands in Kanata's group's way, whom have just been branded as criminals.
- Yuna Azetta (ユナ・アゼッタ Yuna Azetta?) - A skilled journalist and an older sister character, Yuna has a bright personality but tends to lie. Though she seems to just be a talkative girl with a peculiar dialect, she's willing to do anything dangerous if it means pursuing the truth. She cooperates with Vicious in running a black market information store.
- Orwin Granberg (オウレン・グランバーグ Ouren Guranbaagu?) - A frank and tired old man, Orwin has lost all motivation and the will to live. Though he has his wife Naya and 10-year-old daughter Aura, he's mostly been living off the money his wife is earning.
- ↑ ≪スマートフォンから始める、新しい『テイルズ オブ』≫ (...) Twitter (2018-09-11) Retrieved on 2017-09-12.
- ↑ Tales of Crestoria announced for smartphones Gematsu (2018-09-11) Retrieved on 2017-09-12.
- ↑ 【キャラクター紹介ムービー】先ほどのステージで先行公開された本動画。 (...) Twitter (2018-09-22) Retrieved on 2017-09-22.
- ↑ < The world called it a sin. > "I protected someone I care about." Live. Even if it's a sin. #TalesOfCrestoria Twitter (2018-12-08) Retrieved on 2018-12-11.
- ↑ Tales of Crestoria English Release Confirmed, Key Visual Revealed! Abyssal Chronicles (2018-12-08) Retrieved on 2018-12-08.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Tales of Crestoria Details Revealed In Famitsu AbyssalChronicles (2018-09-12) Retrieved on 2017-09-12.
- ↑ Tales of Crestoria coming west Gematsu (2018-12-08) Retrieved on 2018-12-08.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 New Tales of Crestoria Character Details From Famitsu: Mizera and Vicious AbyssalChronicles (2018-09-19) Retrieved on 2017-09-19.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Tales of Crestoria - New Characters Revealed! AbyssalChronicles (2018-09-18) Retrieved on 2017-09-19.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 New Tales of Crestoria Tokyo Game Show 2018 Trailer (...) AbyssalChronicles (2018-09-22) Retrieved on 2017-09-22.
- [JP] Tales of Crestoria (Official Website)
- [JP] Official Twitter Account
- [EN] Tales of Crestoria (Official Website)
- [EN] Official English Twitter Account