|Tales of the Rays|
|Developers||Bandai Namco Games|
|Publishers||Bandai Namco Games|
|Character Designers||•Hidenori Matsubara|
|Japanese Releases||February 28, 2017|
|North American Releases||July 24, 2017|
|European Releases||July 24, 2017|
|End of Service||WW May 29, 2018|
|Opening Theme||•"New Wall" by Alexandros|
•"Mirai List" by Girlfriend (Mirrage Prison)
•"Mirai Kara no Hikari" by DEEN (Fairy's Requiem)
Tales of the Rays (テイルズ オブ ザ レイズ Teiruzu obu za Reizu?) is a Crossover Title in the Tales series. The game is a smartphone app with an original story, led by veteran scenario writer Takumi Miyajima, who has worked on Mothership Titles such as Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss. The game incorporates characters and aspects from a significant portion of the franchise, drawing from Mothership, Escort, and even other Mobile Titles. Each season has its own characteristic genre.
- 1 Story
- 2 Characters
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Features
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
- 8 External Links
The world of Tir Na Nog was brought to prosperity by Chiral Particles, which produce infinite energy. It eventually led to the development of the weapons called mirrages, wielders of whom are called mirrists, and eventually the Kaleidoscope, a fearsome weapon that could deplete the anima at the hearts of people and materials and turn them into light. Overuse led to anima separating from the world itself, turning all to dust. Repentant mirrists oversaw Project Aegis to revitalize their dying world. Years later, Tir Na Nog has returned to a verdant land, but one day a storm of meteors takes out the island home of Ix Nieves and Mileena Weiss. Surviving by pure chance, the two are taken in by the Salvation Front and discover a grave new threat to their world.
- "Tales of the Rays" (テイルズ オブ ザ レイズ Teiruzu obu za Reizu?) (February 28, 2017)
- "Tales of the Rays: Mirrage Prison" (テイルズ オブ ザ レイズ ミラージュ プリズン Teiruzu obu za Reizu Miraaju Purizun?) (January 31, 2018)
- "Tales of the Rays: Fairy's Requiem" (テイルズ オブ ザ レイズ フェアリーズ レクイエム Teiruzu obu za Reizu Feariizu Rekuiemu?) (January 25, 2019)
- "Tales of the Rays: Last Cradle" (テイルズ オブ ザ レイズ ラスト クレイドル Teiruzu obu za Reizu Rasuto Kureidoru?) (October 28, 2020)
Tales of the Rays
- Ix Nieves - A mirrist and one of the two main protagonists of the game.
- Mileena Weiss - One of the two main protagonists of the game. A mirrist and Ix's childhood friend.
- Kocis - A mirror spirit, or mirrite, that is the embodiment of Ix's powers.
- Karia - Another mirrite that is the embodiment of Mileena's powers.
- Marcus Grimm - A member of the Salvation Front who opposes Ix and Mileena.
- Gefion - The mysterious Prime Minister of Sellund.
- Gareth Outrigger - The mechanical engineer in charge of maintaining the Heimdallr, the fastest airship in Sellund.
- Demitrius - The King of Sellund.
Tales of the Rays: Mirrage Prison
- Mileena Weiss - Mileena returns in the game's second arc, donning a new outfit.
- Kocis - Kocis also returns, this time in human form.
Tales of the Rays features an ever-expanding cast of characters from both the Tales franchise and others.
Anima (共鳴 Kyoumei?, "Resonance") denotes the origins of each character in the game, based on which title the character is from. There are currently seven types of anima. Anima affects the stats of the characters when participating in a quest. Characters who shares the same anima type as the quest's anima will get a x2.0 stats multiplier, while the ones who have different anima type will remain with their original stats, with rainbow anima as exceptions. Those with rainbow anima gain x1.5 stats multiplier for every single quest in the game, even if the quest has the same anima type as them; in reverse, quests featuring rainbow anima will give a x1.5 stats multiplier regardless of the character's anima.
There are three types of passive defense: Balance, Physical and Magical. Characters with the Balance Defense Type will take reduced damage from both Physical and Magical attacks, while the Physical Defense Type can only reduce the damage of Physical damage, with the same applying to the Magical Defense Type.
|Artes Type Icons|
Mirrages are the game's original feature for battles. The skill that can be activated is called mirrage artes, which are similar to mystic artes in other titles. The requirement for the activation of this technique is to fully charge the pink bar below the HP bar and then swipe up from the character's head when the red arrow appears. Using mirrage artes will increase the Mirrage Ratio (ミラージュレシオ Miraajureshio?).
All characters can be customized through this feature. The customization limits to outfits, headwear, and weapons. Alternate outfits, headwear, and weapons can be purchased using "Prisms". For the Japanese release in commemoration of the Pre-Registeration Campaign, all players were able to buy limited outfits for Sophie and Yuri Lowell for 0 Prism. For the global release, the official Facebook page had a special campaign where after the page would receive certain number of likes the character in question's outfit was added to the game.
- In the global release, a large array of words was banned due to their offensive nature, resulting in many non-offensive words containing the banned words being unable to be entered in the game, e.g. the word "hello" could not be used since it contains the word "hell". This exists in the Japanese version as well, where kanji such as 愛 (ai, "love") can not be input, and certain character names.
- Despite hailing from the same world but from different, distant times the casts of Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Symphonia have different anima syncs. A similar thing concerns the casts of Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Innocence R where they appear to be set in the same universe, but connected via the Triverse Gate, although Tales of the Tempest may also be considered odd due to hints it also shares its universe with Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Innocence R.
- [Important] Tales of the Rays is Shutting Down (2018-03-29) Retrieved on 2018-03-29.
- [JP] Tales of the Rays (Official Website)
- [JP] Tales of the Rays (Arc 1 Official Website)
- [JP] Tales of the Rays: Mirrage Prison (Official Website)
- [JP] Tales of the Rays: Fairy's Requiem (Official Website)
- [JP] Tales of the Rays (Official Twitter Account)