Not that it's that big of a problem, but shouldn't her personality description be a bit more organized/detailed? Since it looks pretty "childish" compared to Yuri's or Raven's. That, and shouldn't there be an Appearance box as well for her? Krone8 07:04, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
- This is far from the only page that lacks information for some sections (see the grand majority of the pages for Tales of Hearts characters, or the ever popular derp that is Chelsea Torn), and we can't get to everything because certain people apparently don't know where their efforts should be focused on (or they don't care), even when I emphasize the same thing over and over and over and over, ad nauseum.
- Since this is an open wiki, if you feel that you know enough about the subject, then you can add to those sections yourself, as long as it isn't anything too basic or simplistic. I have not played Vesperia, so I can't add to these pages on my own, and other people have their own priorities. I can almost assure you that nothing will be done on this page unless you take some sort of initiative, and as much as I want to be proven wrong... yeah.
Well, that's true, sadly. I guess I'll find a way to do it myself, then. Krone8 04:38, April 10, 2010 (UTC)
English Voice Actor
What a dilemma. Megan Hollingshead is probably, by far, my favorite voice actor, and while I know for a fact she voiced Judith and Kaufman in Tales of Vesperia, I can not find the credit on her official website. Strangely enough, many of her credits in video games are not listed, either being deemed not important enough or just unnecessary altogether, I would assume. I can't seem to remember if it was listed in the credits of the game, either. Anyway, does anyone know of any trustworthy websites that would possibly list this sort of information? I'm not sure what type of source is required for authenticity, but I would assume it would be things as close to the original source as possible.
Moviebaby 23:27, May 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes a source from Namco Hometek or Cup of Tea Productions is best, if not from the person herself. If any published interviews can be found, or any of her coworkers speak on her behalf as having voiced the role, that will also suffice. In the absence of any reliable source such as these, the voice actor's name should simply be shown as "Uncredited" or omitted, since anything beyond that already jumps into hearsay territory. After all, that's what Winxfan is certainly fond of when proposing his own ideas of voice actor identities based on ear alone. I mean, people were so confident that Tear's voice actress was Heather Halley until one point when she said outright that she did -not- voice Tear.
- And every bit of localized material in the whole series has never credited the voice actors except for Symphonia and the Phantasia OVA dub. This is due to union rules, as these voice actors are members of a voice acting union which prevents them from being credited for taking roles in non-union projects. Symphonia was a union project backed by Nintendo's funds and advertised accordingly, while every other game was localized by Namco Hometek on its own terms, which almost always meant cost-cutting measures such as a lack of advertisements and use of cheaper non-union talent. And for the union guys to have a job outside of union projects regardless of pay and benefits, they have to either take on an alias, as with Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata, or they have to accept that they will not be recognized for their roles so they will not be kicked out of the union itself. Some guys are open about what roles they voice though, such as JYBosch and Joe J. Thomas, while others are simply not as forthcoming. That's just the reality, and we can only base our info on trusted sources to verify identities of the voice actors before listing them here.
Why not ask them ourselves? It wouldn't hurt. Here: http://www.meganhollingshead.com/contact. Ask Megan yourself. You guys forget, I watched Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, some episodes of Bleach, and played DotNW. I know what Megan Hollingshead sounds like. So I doubt she would be the voice of Judith, but maybe she could tell us who was.
Winxfan, we are not saying that Megan Hollingshead for sure did not voice Judith; we are saying that there is no verification, meaning until we obtain some form of such, it shall remain uncredited. However, I firmly believe she voiced both Judith and Kaufman from the game. This information is listed on a few websites as well, but they are not official. When I get time, I will try contacting her through her website.
Moviebaby 17:59, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
Ehhhh, I doubt that Judith was Megan Hollingshead. I agree that she was Kaufman, but Judith just doesn't sound much like Megan at all. However, I think it has been determined that Judith and Grune from Legendia had the same VA. The VA is probably one of the many lesser known VAs that Cup of Tea employs. The Tales series has always been filled with minor, unrecognizable VAs. Legendia and Graces f were filled with them. Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask Megan. Maybe she can give us a clue as to who really played Judy/Grune. (User failed to sign this post.)
We will probably never know. I just found this, which contains a message from Megan Hollingshead stating that she can only confirm the roles listed on her website. Unfortunately, the Tales series is no where to be found there; however, she has always been speculated to have voiced Judith and Kaufman, Sheena from Dawn of the New World, and Mary, Noelle, and Pamela (very recognizable) from Tales of the Abyss.
Moviebaby 20:44, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
EDIT: My mistake, she was confirmed to have voiced Sheena in Dawn of the New World.
Moviebaby 20:48, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
That was ok. I heard it myself she was Sheena in DotNW. You forgot that she was the voice of Droite (Green haired twin sister). Also I doubt her facebook page would be official. I'll have to ask her sometime. And Laura Bailey was Cheria in Graces f.
Edit: I knew Hollingshead was Pamela right away but Mary and Noelle?
That information is purely based off what websites like Wikipedia credit under Megan Hollingshead, which is why I used the word speculated.
Moviebaby 04:10, May 26, 2012 (UTC)
So, the Facebook page a user recently cited as a reference to Megan Hollingshead voicing Judith is official. Does this mean I was right?
- Yeah I guess, since I can only assume that FB account was created by the real gal herself. Please clean up the citation link to follow the more standard format as seen on other pages that reference an official Facebook page of a VA, in that the person's main page needs to be linked, then FB itself in parentheses after that. inb4 someone's "i derp'd you so".
I'm baa-ack. And on that page I saw some pics of Droite and Gauche, and one of Noelle. Which means Drote was voiced by Megan as well. Strangely enough I found a pic of Milla and there with a fan saying she would be the perfect role for her. But that does not mean She was the one who voiced her. We'll just have to wait and see who did. I take my hat off to the person who forwarded the link to you.
What exactly is the safety net for this fan club? Sure it's made by devoted fans, and sure Hollingshead can be sly and like an image, but just how credible is the information? As you said, Hollingshead can only confirm what's on her site, but how can we be sure that she's specifically "liking" the characters and not the game they come from? For all we know she could have confused Judith for Kaufman and presumed Droite was some random incidental she may have forgotten voicing specifically.
One example of VAs not remembering exact roles is Vic Mignogna, who was asked if he was the voice of Dampierre from Soul Calibur, and he confirmed. However, he was asked again on a later date (around SCV's release [when credits were given]) and that time deconfirmed it. This is most likely attributable to his having clearly done Iska Farkas in Soul Calibur Legends, but he had forgotten the exact details when he was asked the first time. Additionally, a similar case was instigated by Kari Wahlgren, who credited herself as having been the voice of Batman character Vicki Vale circa-2013 and using a photo from the game Batman: Arkham City. Despite creating the Facebook photo album herself, she apparently picked the wrong picture of her performance, as a Sac Anime 2013 panel with Grey DeLisle and the credits of Arkham Origins (which lacked Wahlgren's name) proved otherwise, meaning that Wahlgren could have only voiced Vicki in Lego Batman 2, where she only grunted, etc.
My point is, is there any real truth in this? Sheena, Kaufman, Pamela and Mary hold up just fine, but the others (particularly Judith and Droite) have never struck me as making sense. I honestly think that the voice of Tira from at least Soul Calibur IV and V (Katie McNulty?) was the voice of both characters. It just makes too much sense for me to ignore.
- P.S. I just had an epiphany. I think the original reason why people assumed she was Judith (and Droite by association) was because of how she was originally believed to be the voice of Officer Jenny from Pokemon. Jenny's voice is very close to Judith's in that it's young and high-pitched, and I've seen wiki edits retain that bit of incorrect info as recent as earlier this year. Clearly her being Judith was made using false information that everyone thought made so much sense at the time (since both Nurse Joy [a known Hollingshead role] and Jenny were played by the same person in one special). HubStyle (talk) 00:58, February 13, 2014 (UTC)
- That source which you are arguing against was already removed, along with any claimed VA identity. Frankly, at that time I consented, I didn't really know how Facebook worked and what fan pages and whatnot are meant to accomplish. There were other cases of FB used as a source that I purged because I realized the accounts were made by fans claiming whatever, or people who uploaded images onto an open album, or something like that. I don't know. I don't use Facebook. I don't care. And frankly, I would rather not acknowledge such sources unless it is definitely created by the person him/herself. And imposters exist everywhere on FB, especially for the celebrities of this country of mine.
- I've noticed (I also brought that argument up where I believe said source came from), and I have since become more confident in putting a (real) name to Judith's VA. Of course, she'll likely never actually admit it herself, but it's the closest I can assess. HubStyle (talk) 16:32, June 29, 2014 (UTC)
Your right! So how do we go about this? Judith uses Spears, Staves and boots as weapons. All her attacks are moon related.
Whatever you add, be warned. I have thoroughly cleaned through this page. Anything added that does not adhere to the MoS or utilize proper grammar will be reverted. If I have time, I'll do it myself.