The term "skit"
Just to let everyone know so that this page can be fixed/renovated/whatever, "skit" is not used for all of the games. In the Team Destiny games, specifically Destiny 2 and Rebirth, these events were called "chats", obviously matching their very different style. Only the square portrait things were known as "skits". I forgot what the card things in Destiny PS2 were called.
Tales of Graces is set to have a chat system known as "Groovy Chat" (not a reference to Arche and Chat's love child), which includes various pop-up "cut-in" images, anything from super-deformed chibi faces to mystic arte quality images, that appear at set points during the chat. But its base is the same as the chat system that Team Destiny was known for.
All of this has been discussed on the Tales forums rather recently, probably in the Graces speculation thread if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe it was on another thread, I don't remember. If it's important enough for the developers to make distinctions between the systems, then we can't keep using "skit" everywhere where it might not apply.
- Just bumping this comment from many months ago. Only the Team Symphonia lolsquares are considered to be "skits" (aka kaodora/"face drama"), while Destiny 2 and Rebirth have "chats", Destiny PS2 has the "Emotion Card" system, and Graces has "Groovy Chat". I've no idea what the Eternia system was called.
- I'm suggesting that this page should not be sorted by game (just like how so many other pages should be as well!), but by type. The similarity between Eternia and Tempest's tent system needs to be noted, and they may as well be combined into one section for that reason, while everything else would be more chronologically sensible if they are sorted by type. This way, the idle dialogue of the original Destiny can be separated from the superior system of the remake, since the Emotion Card was a distinct effort to be [very] different from the forced traditions of the past.
- ...not that I expect anyone to make these changes since I won't do it on my own.
- Can we just keep it as skit? I mean this is a English localization wiki I doubt anyone actually knows the naming differences from other games. Since the North America and PAL regions get only team symphonia games mostly everyone in these regions refer to to the conversations as skits no matter what.
I was thinking this article would benefit from a picdump of all the possible character expressions in skits. Does anyone have them?
I admit I'm mainly asking because I've been looking for Raven's skit pics and can't find any in good quality.
- Actually, no, I don't think it'd help, as I don't believe it'd be informative. Additionally, I'd rather we not become the go to source for images. Lanate (talk) 01:50, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
- This wiki will not host images for skit faces in general. Skit faces should only be provided as part of character pages when images are needed, but only a single expression is necessary, if any at all. Each individual frame is not needed, and other sites serve the role of hosting such skit images, namely our affiliate Abyssal Chronicles. Please use that resource instead of our wiki for such things.