Arte Description and History
The spell first appears in the remakes of Tales of Phantasia, in which it summons three green-gray cyclones to assault all enemies on-screen. When cast in Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, it appears as a mid-tier spell that summons three green cyclones to circle one another, while damaging the enemy. In Tales of Vesperia, the spell takes the form of a cyclone that is capable of gathering enemies from a short distance outside the area-of-effect before striking them with lightning. The spell is an altered arte of a similar spell, Havoc Gale. In Tales of Xillia 2, it is a linked arte used by Ludger Will Kresnik and Muzét, where Ludger leaps into their target and summons a tornado with his dual pistols while Muzét drops lightning bolts around the tornado. It is also the name of a skill in Tales of Zestiria that restores BG after a 10-hit combo.
In Tales of the Rays, it manifests as a pillar of swirling green wind that bursts into a blue whirlwind. Tempest is the master arte to Arria's Wind Circle, replacing that arte when it is used while standing still or moving.
- Tales of Phantasia (PSX / iOS) + Full Voice Edition + Cross Edition - Arche Klein (Tempest)
- Tales of Phantasia (GBA) + Mobile - Arche Klein (Tempest), Phantasm
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon - Sorcerer costume, Sorceress costume, Sage costume, Kruelle, Ishrantu, Ishbird, Sorceress, Pharaoh, Wizard
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Magical Girl costume, Witch costume, High Witch costume, Arche Klein
- Tales of the Tempest - Arria Ekberg
- Tales of Innocence R - Kongwai Tao
- Tales of Vesperia (X360) - Raven, Duke, Radiant Winged One, Time Traveller (Tempest)
- Tales of Vesperia (PS3) + Definitive Edition - Raven, Duke, Radiant Winged One, Time Traveller (Tempest); Gamble Cast: Patty Fleur (Tempest)
- Tales of Xillia 2 - Linked Arte: Ludger Will Kresnik + Muzét (Tempest)
- Tales of Zestiria - Skill (Tempescht)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Arche Klein (Tempest)
- Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - Duke Pantarei
- Tales of Link - Arche Klein, Kongwai Tao (Tempest), Arria Ekberg
- Tales of Asteria - Arche Klein
- Tales of the Rays - Arria Ekberg
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of Phantasia (GBA)
Japanese Description: 風系攻撃呪文の一つ 敵の周りに大嵐を起こす
Romanized Description: Kaze kei kougeki jumon no hitotsu. Teki no mawari ni daiarashi wo okosu
Localized Description: "A wind-based attack spell that causes a massive storm."
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Localized Description: "Magic: Cause a massive tornado."
Tales of Vesperia
Localized Description: "Call forth a huge hurricane and lightning to strike the enemy."
Japanese Quote: 災害警報、お住まいの地域は荒れ模様！テンペスト！
Romanized Quote: Saigaikeihou, o sumai no chiiki wa aremoyou! Tenpesuto!
Translated Quote: "Disaster warning, there's a storm coming your way! Tempest!"
Localized Quote: "Looks like a storm's brewing... Tempest!"
Shortened Casting Duration:
Japanese Quote: ドッカーーン！テンペスト！
Romanized Quote: Dokkaaan! Tenpesuto!
Translated Quote: "Ka-Boom! Tempest!"
Japanese Quote: 災厄の主、この平穏の園を乱す。テンペスト！
Romanized Quote: Saiyaku no shu, kono heion no en wo midasu. Tenpesuto!
Translated Quote: "Lord of disruption, disarray this man-made garden. Tempest!"
User: Radiant Winged One
Japanese Quote: 疾風はもはや貴様らを許さぬだろう。テンペスト！
Romanized Quote: Hayate wa mohaya kisamara wo yurusanudarou. Tenpesuto!
Translated Quote: "This gale will no longer tolerate anymore of you bastards. Tempest!"
Tales of the Rays
Japanese Description: 大厄災を顕現したような激しい大竜巻を起こす秘技
- Tales of Phantasia (GBA) FAQ/Walkthrough by sonicfreak77 GameFAQs (2007) Retrieved on 2008-03-07.