There could possibly be more edits on this, depending on how we decide to categorize Antagonist and Minor Character and whether someone could be both... Unless the template is redundant, in which case I'm sorry. ;_; Ooh, and this was basically liberal theft of your coding Mayu, sorry. Lanate (talk) 15:07, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
- I just have a tiny little question because of my usual curiosity. Why does every little thing have to be hidden, suddenly? I half-way understand the data in game-templates, but you hardly see any wiki where the character-lists are hidden. It's just because I'm curious, not that I objectively have anything against it.
- Penamesolen 15:11, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
- I agree with Penamesolen here. I don't think each header needs to be compressed, since there is only one line of characters or NPCs in each row. This template doesn't consume as much space as the game templates, because all of the space on the template is being put to good use, so it only really needs the collapsing functionality on the main header. You can keep the category-sorting functions by removing the switch tags from the collapsible headers anyway.
- As for who goes in what category, I'm not interested in making those decisions, so that's up to everyone else here. Also I don't mind the code theft. =P
- Though I should suggest the idea of having a "Primary Antagonists" and "Minor Antagonists" separation. Characters like Kuchinawa and the Pope are minor and forgettable in the grand scale of things, while the Desian Cardinals and the Cruxis leaders are far more crucial to the main plot. Abyssion isn't even a major character, and Yuan and Botta can help fill out the minor slots. Everyone else is an "Other Characters", I think.
- Byakuren Hijiri (talk) 15:32, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
Just a passing concern of mine: how would Dymlos and friends be sorted on the Destiny and ToD2 char templates? They are mostly allies of the main chars in the first game, so they could be put into their own section like the Summon Spirits, but do we need a category just for the six of them? And in ToD2, the actual Dymlos and his entourage (plus Harold) are important characters during the far-past timeline, and I'm not sure if it's right to list them among the "other characters". We could have a "supportive characters" grouping for them (without Harold), but then where would we place Rutee, Philia's selfcestuous older self, and King Woodrow's Beard?
And would a "supportive characters" category force us to include Noishe, Mieu, Giet and Jay's Oresoren friends, and other mascot-types that have no real role in the story? They're not minor NPCs like Phaidra or Chocolat, especially since they were given sketched illustrations by the character designers, but then Noishe would be the only one in the category at all from Symphonia unless we expand to the more influential characters like... Orochi, I guess?
This same issue could apply to Asura and the other deities in Innocence. They're all a fairly backstabbing bunch of friends and enemies, though a separate category could work for them since there are so many characters.