We have an item problem
Or at least, that's what I think. See, I've been taking a break from Tales of Eternia and began playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology again, and I saw something that I think may become a future problem later:
While the Item Box identifies the weapon used by the Fighters as "Hand-to-hand", the Craft Box says that they are identified as "Gloves". The question is which of these should be used, as they are both names for the same term.
Another verryyyyy minor problem is that TotW:RM uses "hand" as the name for the arm armor, though that isn't so important. As an add, it seems like the Craft Box categorizes the different kinds of armor while the Item Box doesn't. Like, the Item Box says that all the equipment for the head is "Armor: Head", while the Craft Box categorizes all the head equipment as either helmets or hats.
So my questions are: should the Fighter-weapons be linked as [[TotW:RM - Weapons (Hand-to-hands)]] or [[TotW:RM - Weapons (Gloves)]]? Should be use [[TotW:RM - Armor (Hand)]] or [[TotW:RM - Armor (Arm)]], like we've always done so far? Should be put all the items that are the same type in the Item Box in their own article, then put the different kinds that are shown in the Craft Box different sections? Are there any differences in the stats for the male- and female equipment?
Penamesolen 12:33, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- I never played RadiMai (no PSP, and Persona PSP is being released today in Japan nuuuuuu), so I don't know about stat differences in male/female equips.
- For the fighter weapons, go with Gloves. "Hand-to-hand" sounds rather idiotic, since they don't equip... uh, hands. I believe RadiMai 2 has Claws, but I don't know if they are considered Gloves too, or if they are separated. (And you can "dual-wield" different claws, so they are actually just single-hand equips in this game that can be mixed-and-matched with others. I don't know if gloves work the same way.)
- For the armor types, can all headgear be equipped by all classes? All arm equips? If they are divided due to class restrictions, then it's better to split each type off into different pages. If all equips are universal, then you can go with the "different sections" option, but combining them onto the same article can make the page too long.
- Mayu Miyuki 15:10, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- There are some equipments that can be equipped by every class, but many of them can only be used by some classes. In some few cases, and with the Radiant Equipment, only one class can use them. But it's not like only that kind can be equipped, and not the other. I've come to many situations where cloaks can be equipped by the Thief (my favorite class) while other cloaks can only be for the magic-users. So I suggest that the eventual lists are just like how they use to be, while they have a column/whatever it's called that tells which class that can equip them. But I'm not completely sure just how many armor and wepons there are of each specific; there come always new ones depending on which difficulty you are on.
- Penamesolen 16:06, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- If you go by recipe names, there's:
- Weapon: Swords, Short Swords, Axes, Gloves, Staves, Bows
- Body: Armor, Clothing, Robes
- Head: Helmets, Hats
- Hand: Gauntlets
- Leg: Boots
- Shield: Shields
- Accessory: Accessories
- ...and possibly more if I'm missing some crafts (which I might be). I'm recently replaying RadiMai too. Lanate (talk) 16:12, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- If you go by recipe names, there's:
This template is being marked as being particularly large, meaning it may be delayed in the game template rework.
- I think I like retaining the split between the Original characters and jobs and the Tales characters, just to give some breathing room to the sections. Lanate (talk) 04:51, September 12, 2015 (UTC)