Thunder Lance (天雷槍 Tenraisou?, "Heaven Thunder Spear") is a Wind-elemental lance arte in the Tales series that was introduced by Eugene Gallardo in Tales of Rebirth, but it has since then been associated with Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss.
Arte Description and History
When the arte is activated, the user uppercuts the enemy into the air, and a lightning bolt strikes down to cause elemental damage. In Tales of the Abyss, this arte can become Lightning Tempest when used in a fully-charged Light- or Wind-elemental FOF Circle. In the animated adaptation of the game, Thunder Lance appears as a lightning spell, as opposed to a strike arte. Although Eugene does not have this arte as a playable character in Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, he is able to use it as an enemy when fought during a Trial Quest. He eventually gains it as a playable character in Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3. In Tales of the Rays, this arte is also Water-elemental.
- Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X - Battle Princess costume
- Tales of Rebirth - Eugene Gallardo
- Tales of the Abyss - Jade Curtiss (Thunder Lance)
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - Magnar (Thunder Lance)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - Eugene (Thunder Lance)
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 - Jade Curtiss
- Tales of VS. - Jade Curtiss
- Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 - Eugene Gallardo, Jade Curtiss
- Tales of Link - Jade (Thunder Lance)
- Tales of the Rays - Jade Curtiss (Thunder Lance), Eugene Gallardo
In-Game Descriptions and Battle Quotes
Tales of the Rays
Japanese Description: 槍を振り上げ、落雷による追撃を繰り出す